What's new

Show me something Im bored

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surly you have a favorite artifact you love to share? The grass is long in the fields and the creeks are covered with leaves. I am bored to death around the house so bored I went and mowed all the leaves and dead grass. So show me a favorite it can be recent or something from the past you found or bought I dont really care but it has to be a artifact or something related like a book on artifacts. So lets see something!!! rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC10061.webp
    SDC10061.webp
    355.2 KB · Views: 192
  • SDC10385.webp
    SDC10385.webp
    333 KB · Views: 177
Upvote 0
Here are some pictures from the desert. A big pottery urn eroding out of a windblown site. The pottery is in situ, but the wind has removed the top layers of sand.

IMG_7362Large.webp

Another one:

IMG_7368Large.webp

Lots of tortoises nest in these areas because the sand soft. Here's a relatively small one. Not bright enough to pull it's head and legs in.
IMG_4459Medium.webp

The ones that make it to old age are a little more shy.

IMG_4462Medium.webp
 
Well I'm on a train between Washington D.C. and Boston...So I got a little time..I'm sure you've seen them before...Here's a couple plummets found about six inches apart under about a foot of dirt...A couple different stylesIMAG0174.webp
 
One of my stream finds..IMAG0186.webp.
 
Here's a red slate pendant from the Kennebeck River, Maine...

IMG_9131.webp

IMG_9128.webp
 
Here are some pictures from the desert. A big pottery urn eroding out of a windblown site. The pottery is in situ, but the wind has removed the top layers of sand.

View attachment 1521757

Another one:

View attachment 1521758

Lots of tortoises nest in these areas because the sand soft. Here's a relatively small one. Not bright enough to pull it's head and legs in.
View attachment 1521759

The ones that make it to old age are a little more shy.

View attachment 1521760

Nice photos! What desert was this place in. It looks like some Arizona pottery.
 
This is one of my favorite frames. A variety in it. All found on the same farm in central Kentucky.

20161214_115118_resized.webp
 
Some real nice pieces shared so far. I bet there are other people that would like to share their favorites. I know we have plenty of collectors in the artifact forum. Some people are snowed in rite now and would like to see some finds to help the itch while they cant hunt so come on lets see the pics.
 
Let me see if I can find some color to share.
 

Attachments

  • SDC12496.webp
    SDC12496.webp
    843.6 KB · Views: 109
  • SDC12052.webp
    SDC12052.webp
    381.3 KB · Views: 108
  • SDC11807.webp
    SDC11807.webp
    252.2 KB · Views: 91
  • SDC12280.webp
    SDC12280.webp
    305.1 KB · Views: 107
  • SDC11662.webp
    SDC11662.webp
    381.1 KB · Views: 106
Let me see if I can find some color to share.
When I was a young teenager I found one similar to those on a beach, can't remember if it was Gulfport, Biloxie, or the Fort Morgan area. It had all of those colors but also quite an amount of white in it as well.
 
Now we're talking! Worthy of a few good close-ups.
 
Dang Newman those look beautiful I bet when people see them they just stand and stare
 
8 Inches

Very nice newman. Look what I found in my backyard this morning
 

Attachments

  • SDC12738.webp
    SDC12738.webp
    865.4 KB · Views: 103
Here's a crazy big thingie I found whilst on the eastern shore

0306141532.webp 0306141533.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom