What's new

sick an tired of American Digger and Ric Savage

boooom baby !!!!!!!
 
Liked national Geo way better...their "diiggers" was way better... this other show is obnoxious..
 
I think its crazy the way they dig a whole with a shovel and pickaxe. They throw the dirt everywhere and just hack away!

It is ridiculous. And they don't seem to actually hit/destroy the finds. But the show's mythology seems to be that they're pressed for time, so maybe they'd resort to quantity over quality...until the end of episode shows they were there for several days...

I was aghast at the planting of the pouch with the coins and cross. 99% likely is that these were things they'd had in their shop or inventory, and they had found little of value at the site, so they tossed that in.

"Reality" shows that are not reality are worse than useless.

And the consquences are worse. Either a) this show will encourage thousands of morons to go around destroying things, which will taint us, or b) this show will encourage states to outlaw detecting altogether. Screw you Spike TV.
 
How about dancing around fire barrels under a full moon and making strange noises? In the dark for 6 months at -40 degrees? Then throwing $20 gold coins in the general area? Maybe Area 51, hanger #8? Forgot about eating savage beans.
 
hand print-2_edited-3.webpLooks like a lot of us are watching a show that only exists because of good ratings. Could it be that some enjoy the feasko?
 
View attachment 623656Looks like a lot of us are watching a show that only exists because of good ratings. Could it be that some enjoy the feasko?
I watched some of the Alaska show, after the bear trap, that was enough for me. I haven't even tried watching the other MD'ing show.
 
Ok, I am the mother of a detectorist and this show is a disgrace to him and to all people who detect for the thrill of the find, not the money. The way Mr. Savage runs to cash in on historical artifacts distorts the art of the hunt. The cut he takes from people who are generous enough to let him dig on their property is obscene. Mr. savage and his team are reckless when they dig and I almost died when I saw him bring a backhoe onto one mans property! It is laughable to hear him tell the landowner that he won't damage his property! I have watched my son when he is detecting and the care and attention that he gives to the property he is digging is admirable. I have never seen him jab at a hole he has dug to find the item that was detected, he is smart enough to realize that items can easily be damaged if care is not exercised. Everything he has found is still in his possession, I would imagine others like my son keep most of their finds. Savage should return to the wrestling ring, he is like a bull in a china shop. This does not help detectorists, it makes them look like opportunistic losers. Please remove this show from the air and let detectorists keep their honor! Oh, and by the way check out my sons YouTube channel to see his finds and recorded digs! He goes by RRDigger and his videos are awesome!
 
I hate that it's all about him, not the history or technics. And someone please hose half the makeup off his wife, geesh
 
Unfortunetly the show will give all metal detectors a bad name and some over concerned politician will pass a law limating the number of hole's you can dig in a week. Or maybe out law M D under the E P A rules and rgulations!
 
I think everyone who cares about this hobby should send an email to Spike TV AND the advertisers! Negative response will help to get this show cancelled.
Anything to stop this show! END THE CANCER NOW!!!
Better yet, call their sponsors to say the B word.... BOTCOTT. That will be better. TTC
 
Better yet, call their sponsors to say the B word.... BOTCOTT. That will be better. TTC

botcot? refusing to buy robots?
 
I got into this discussion last year. I'm not doing it again this year. The fact that it was renewed for another season is a disgrace. Don't worry, you'll have a few who actually like the show and will even admit it and go so far as to argue with you about it.
 
I wonder who really finds the relics these jokers dig up with their heavy equipment? Oh wait, did anybody say antique store? From watching the show, they don't seem very adept at using the equipment they carry. I wonder if all the sequins on Mrs. Savage's gear improves coil response....
 
It is obvious that the directors of those two shows knows nothing of the hobby. It would be nice if there were a show that was both entertaining and would show the hobbie the way it should be shown. Perhaps one that gave some pointers and tips and even suggested areas that might produce some great finds. I have been doing this for almost 40 years and have never hunted with a guy that goes crazy when he makes a find. Finding something nice and being excited is fine but not to the level these guys exhibit!
 
think about it you have always thought about buying a detector ang going out digging treasures.watching say a merry widows condom tin is worth 50 bucks then seeing him cash out a bunch of crap at the end of the show for thousands.lot of people watching thinking wow i need to go buy a detector.and a lot of people saying no you can't dig treasure on my property.i guess theres one plus a six months from now you can pick up used detectors on craigslist cheap.
 
I wouldn't let him near my place he's reckless,talks stupid, and he really showed how to fix a pvc warer pipe leak with a piece of tape and putty, was that the way it was in the ground when he got there? I guess he never heard of call the gas company before you flail a pick in the ground thank God it was a water line not a gas line it probably would of leveled the whole block. I see the show as short lived, he'll get sued for property damage or something close to it or fined big time.

Will you let me MD your place :3some:
 
I got into this discussion last year. I'm not doing it again this year. The fact that it was renewed for another season is a disgrace. Don't worry, you'll have a few who actually like the show and will even admit it and go so far as to argue with you about it.
..... Well they now have 3 detecting shows on one new this year and two that were renewed. ... I really never thought they would be back on this year....... I don't watch any of them any more .......And to be honest with you they all bore me.. they can't hold my interest..........My wife told me she like to watch me hunt better than the tv showes ..."WHY " She said that i find better things than they do...............
 
Last edited:
Watched it once. Never again. Talk about giving detectorists a bad name.
 
I watched one episode (they were looking for moonshinin' stuff in S. Carolina). The thing that drove me crazy is the scripted interactions. You mean to tell me that a huge ex-pro wrestler shows up on your porch with a truck full of guys and a camera crew in tow, and you answer the door and NEVER ONCE look at or even acknowledge the camera crew? BS. Also, the drama that seems to pop up with everyone. The reason I want to watch a MD'ing show is to see the cool stuff they pull outta the ground, not to watch it like a soap opera. I do like Diggers with Tim & George. They get waaaaaay to excited to be finding some of the stuff they find, but they are having fun, and it seems real. One thing I'd like to see is their reactions to pulling junk out of the ground. At the end of each hunt, they lay out everything they found, and not all of them are keepers. I'd be able to relate to them more if I heard a lot of "Ah, crap... another coat hanger!".
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom