- Joined
- Jan 9, 2007
- Messages
- 14,115
- Reaction score
- 4,540
- Golden Thread
- 4
- Location
- North Carolina
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 5
- Detector(s) used
- Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Spanish Silver 8 reale *** UPDATE*** A 1700's COUNTERFEIT !!! @@
I'm hoping like heck this is what I think it is. I'm hoping this is a piece of Spanish silver. If so, it's by far my best coin ever! Can someone tell me what it is? Age? Is it real?
I can make out the following:
"SPAN ET IN?" on one side,
and "Carolus" on the other side.
If it were all in one piece it would be about the size of a half dollar maybe.
The edge has strange symbols on it too.
I was hunting around in the field next to the old 1830 house in the Morrisville battlefield area today.
I will post my other finds tomorrow. I am a bit excited right now, so I wanted to get this piece posted first. I almost didn't even bother digging this up. Just before this I had dug up a piece of wire, and filled in the hole. Not even a foot away I got another signal. I thought it would be another piece of wire, so I wasn't going to dig it. Now I am VERY glad I did.
Please tell me this is the real thing.
The Mighty Tesoro may have done me proud again.
-MM-
I'm hoping like heck this is what I think it is. I'm hoping this is a piece of Spanish silver. If so, it's by far my best coin ever! Can someone tell me what it is? Age? Is it real?
I can make out the following:
"SPAN ET IN?" on one side,
and "Carolus" on the other side.
If it were all in one piece it would be about the size of a half dollar maybe.
The edge has strange symbols on it too.
I was hunting around in the field next to the old 1830 house in the Morrisville battlefield area today.
I will post my other finds tomorrow. I am a bit excited right now, so I wanted to get this piece posted first. I almost didn't even bother digging this up. Just before this I had dug up a piece of wire, and filled in the hole. Not even a foot away I got another signal. I thought it would be another piece of wire, so I wasn't going to dig it. Now I am VERY glad I did.
Please tell me this is the real thing.

The Mighty Tesoro may have done me proud again.

-MM-
Attachments
-
MVC-001S.webp65.8 KB · Views: 3,125 -
MVC-002S.webp22.1 KB · Views: 2,923 -
MVC-003S.webp71.1 KB · Views: 2,928 -
MVC-007S.webp24.5 KB · Views: 2,939 -
MVC-008S.webp29.7 KB · Views: 2,917 -
MVC-009S.webp29.4 KB · Views: 2,893 -
MVC-010S.webp22.5 KB · Views: 2,905 -
MVC-011S.webp17 KB · Views: 2,881 -
MVC-012S.webp39.1 KB · Views: 2,873 -
MVC-013S.webp28.7 KB · Views: 2,947
Upvote
0


You da man today that's for sure. a big 






