Summer mining update

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've posted a few updates on my BLOG so I thought I would share. I've been blessed to have several months on the claim so far this year after a diagnosis of prostate cancer back in May. I'm making the most of my time on the claim as my next treatment will have me parked at home until next summer. My wife (who's in her 60's) is out gunning me on the claim due to side effects of my current treatment. Don't know of many women in their 60's who can keep up :^)
Doctor's appointment tomorrow and then it's back on the claim for who knows how long.

Latest update is called 'Mellow Yellow'

Bob

Upvote 0

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All the best sir sounds like you and the doc. Are on top of it. And thanks for sharing your prospecting adventures.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Find the gold, lose the cancer...here's hoping!

pS nice blog entry and impressive gold!

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep up the good fight, good luck both is health and on your claim.

ebuyc

Jan 17, 2012
Spokane, Washington
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It sure adds up quick with a pace setting wife in front of you lol

Bob looking good! I heard there were some fires in the area, hopefully you didn't get smoked out!
I picked up an adjustable metal stand to put underneath my steps - I bought an extra one for you next time I see you ;) Consider it a trade for the two splitting wedges I made off with...

Bob, how is that sluice stand for you Bazooka Prospector working for you?

Bob told me he thought the stand was too light in the water.
It is plenty sturdy enough - but I did make them as light as possible ;)
The way I set up the stand is to fill the zone beneath the frame with rocks to keep the water from going underneath the sluice rather then in the water scoop. I welded the BIGGEST washers I could find on the legs so after filling with rocks the stand should not move at all. Once the stand is in place you can remove the sluice quite easily for your clean outs.

Even in the fastest of waters I do not have any issues with the stand. Of course I own the 30" model, maybe the 36" has more mouth lift or something?

I will let Bob chime in with his 2 bits...

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ebuyc...... are you having trouble getting to the GPEX site today?

OP
OP
Underburden

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We can't escape from the fires. The Pilot Knob and Upper Newsome fires really smoked up the area big time. Came home today to make arrangements for a new awning ( wind ripped the awning right off the RV) and got hit with the smoke from the Clearwater Complex and Lawyer Creek fires. Open flames along side the railroad tracks next to the Clearwater river from Greer to Kamiah (14 miles).

Water is at a historical low and there's lots of exposed bedrock that I plan on detecting with my Fisher Gold Bug. Got one more week of mining before we call it quits.
Chance, I'm segregating the gold for you:icon_thumleft: Keeping the Chunky Monkeys in their own vial.
Bob
2 vials.jpg

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't know which is better the showin or the tellin. Thanks for sharing those Nice Chunks of Gold. I hope the best to you and your wife in your future. Good Luck and God Bless.

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We can't escape from the fires. The Pilot Knob and Upper Newsome fires really smoked up the area big time. Came home today to make arrangements for a new awning ( wind ripped the awning right off the RV) and got hit with the smoke from the Clearwater Complex and Lawyer Creek fires. Open flames along side the railroad tracks next to the Clearwater river from Greer to Kamiah (14 miles).

Water is at a historical low and there's lots of exposed bedrock that I plan on detecting with my Fisher Gold Bug. Got one more week of mining before we call it quits.
Chance, I'm segregating the gold for you:icon_thumleft: Keeping the Chunky Monkeys in their own vial.
Bob
View attachment 1200608
Prayers headed your way. To get better, and finish your mining season!

ebuyc

Jan 17, 2012
Spokane, Washington
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Shout out for Bob

So Bob has been very sick for almost two weeks now. He has a really bad inner ear infection and has not even been online...
I thought it would be nice to give people the opportunity to give their best wishes or even prayers if you like.
I hope it puts a smile on his face when he gets to feeling better! :occasion14:

Thanks Bob for all your great posts! :goldmedalred::hello2:
Get well soon...:clock:

mtau

Mar 21, 2013
MT
Detector(s) used
gmt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Get well soon Bob. That's some nice gold you've been getting. Haven't been through that area since I helped build the bridge over the clearwater at Kamia. Beautiful country.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bob, loved your idea of hand-pumping material into a Bazooka. Also enjoyed very much your pictures and stories. I am praying God grants you at least 15 more years after you beat this prostate cancer. And a wife that gold mines with you is a gold mine herself! :)

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey There Bob,
I DO enjoy your posts and would love to make it out your way to look things over, likely in 2017.

My best wishes and prayers to you for both the cancer and the ear infection!! Check out MedWaves.com, a medical device company in San Diego, CA, they make a cancer tumor killing device that kills the tumor in minutes. It may not be of use for you now that you've started treatments but who knows, ask.

Get back to enjoying life soon,.........................63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread