Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VOR... Thanks for your support. Very few people on these threads are from Connecticut. So I will never meet the rest of you. There are friends, who I enjoy reading their comments. It would scare me if I met people out West outside with guns. As stated many times before, I am not going out West to search for treasures because there are too many hungry snakes and too many people with big guns. Good luck.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out West

My good treasure hunters of the United States. Frankn who to this very day refused take a 50 - 50 for a treasure, claim I had threaten to kill him, when I do not know his real name and address. I only kill people in self defense.
My treasure hunter name is: Connecticut Sam which I also used when I write comments for many NY newspapers and other forums. It is very simple, after I was falsely banned for life by Frankn, I used the Name: Connecticut Danny. I make it very easy for you. My real name is Daniel Samuel XXXXXXX. Many years later, I got back on, first using: Connecticut_Danny, then the name I like the most. Connecticut Sam. I am not fooling anybody except maybe Frankn. In my opinion which I am entitle to: Frankn is a nasty mean old man who is mad at the world. I am still seeking stories about treasures in Connecticut that you are no longing searching for. Best of luck. I have many good friends here.
I enjoy reading my friends comments on out West treasures even tho I not going there because of big hungry snakes and people with big guns.

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Browns Cabin Park post went 5 YEARS with Rutinbuck not having enough time to look for it. He had his boat to fix , it was buck hunting season etc.
Do you all realise that the first starting clue of the lion tree has yet to be solved in the SE PA thread? It is now built on pictures of trees that are all starting to look the same. At least on The Offer, I found the location and you know what they say counts. Location, Location, Location. LOL

View attachment 660486
You THINK you found the location. Until you dig, you don't have jack.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Yep, it's all theory until the coming out party. Frank hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You THINK you found the location. Until you dig, you don't have jack.

And most of the time even after you dig you don't have jack.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I am a jack of all trades and a master of some. vor-Timing is everything. I have a master plan.

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vor-Timing is everything. I have a master plan.

Good to know somebody does. Are you just waiting for the snow to pile up before you implement?

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
vor started this thread as if there may be a competition between the three threads listed. These three threads are entirely different. The SEPaMAN thread is obviously the winner as far as the amount of posts and views. I have been following it from almost the beginning. At times it is hard to follow and/or believe but it is definitely entertaining. SEPaMAN wants all the attention he can get. I don't think there is anything wrong with this but it is not or has it ever been my intention.

I think I may know the location of many different treasures but have been unsuccessful in digging any of them up. I joined TN in the hopes that I may get the help I need to go about it in a better way. I have met many new people and now think that we are about to go about things with the right equipment and good Karma. I am not going to rush into anything but will be putting shovels into the ground soon. We plan on putting together a serious treasure hunting/finding company and will share the results of what happens with everyone. I am starting to get a little psyched up about it.

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, as BDD said, he is off to bigger and better adventures. You can read his "pots of gold" and "55 gallon drum of silver" threads here on the Cache forum. This thread wasn't really so much a competition as it was reporting on the activities in each. But I guess I will have to modify the "pirate treasure" to BDD's adventures.

The Offer: trudging along but not much action.

SE PA "treasure": Lots happening there. Ms. Butterfly from PA has found a series of caches with the help of Roy. OIL ENTERS = LIONS TREE is essentially the key to her finds. A photo of the silver/spoons/coins/pocket watch was posted. Then the spoons were lined up and another photo taken to confirm in her possession. I was a bit disappointed as two of the spoon were not pointing the same direction as the rest (an OCD thing of mine).

The OP has posted videos of his friend Scatman dancing in the forest, in both forward and reverse. A must see, its video no. 9 in the series if you are interested.

There is mixed feelings about all the treasure finds but now we are off in a new direction: the dowsed treasure cache that has been confirmed by infrared thermal imagery next to the pool-in-the-forest that was built between 1958 and 1967-the time period that GPA was burying caches. I am assembling a team to recover the caches if I can secure permission from the property owner (or find out when he goes on vacation).

HH to all.

V

Last edited:
OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My neighbor and I are looking forward to metting Natasha

I'm ok with you being in on the dig....for one share. Everyone has to carry their weight. If your friends can operate heavy equipment we may need an excavator operator, track loader operator and dump truck driver.

V

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
vor-Are you starting to become a believer in dowsing? I hope your joking about the "vacation" comment. As I stated on the SEPaMAN thread, while in search of one treasure you may come upon another. You won't find treasure if you don't go out and look for it. If I was a little closer that 1200+ miles from PA I would probably join the search. I do have my hands full and it is about to get a little busy for me. I am looking forward to it.

vor-Thermal imagery sounds great, but it does not mean that what is there is "treasure". It is certainly a good sign. The only way to know for sure is to dig. Good luck.

Sounds like a lot of heavy equipment for a dig. Are you hauling the dirt off-site? Why would you need a dump truck? How deep do you think you are going to have to dig? How deep do you think thermal imagery will go? Just curious as it may apply to some of my future ventures.

Last edited:
OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vor-Are you starting to become a believer in dowsing? I hope your joking about the "vacation" comment. As I stated on the SEPaMAN thread, while in search of one treasure you may come upon another. You won't find treasure if you don't go out and look for it. If I was a little closer that 1200+ miles from PA I would probably join the search. I do have my hands full and it is about to get a little busy for me. I am looking forward to it.

vor-Thermal imagery sounds great, but it does not mean that what is there is "treasure". It is certainly a good sign. The only way to know for sure is to dig. Good luck.

Sounds like a lot of heavy equipment for a dig. Are you hauling the dirt off-site? Why would you need a dump truck? How deep do you think you are going to have to dig? How deep do you think thermal imagery will go? Just curious as it may apply to some of my future ventures.

BDD
You are always welcome. Don't know on the dowsing as this is my first but for some reason I had the feeling that there are large bulky items buried as evidenced by the size of the thermal image.
Since the only access is the driveway, I think that it is best to haul dirt off site and stockpile it in the forest by using that old road directly west of the estate. You are only looking for problems if you start making dirt piles that can get in the way and slow you down. A lot depends on the kind of soil and moisture we encounter. This is going to be a quick dig-and-run project. We will excavate, haul off caches and fill back in all in one day. If it is deep, we will have to recompact on our way back up, repair any plumbing and then roll some sod on top quickly. We can use the loader at the stockpile and the excavator to scatter the dumps on the fill-in. I haven't decided whether to get a vibrating sheeps-foot roller or use manual jumping jacks on the recompaction. What do you think?

V

newport74

Aug 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab Ctx, Garrett PP,
This is going to be a quick dig-and-run project. We will excavate, haul off caches and fill back in all in one day. If it is deep, we will have to recompact on our way back up, repair any plumbing and then roll some sod on top quickly. We can use the loader at the stockpile and the excavator to scatter the dumps on the fill-in. I haven't decided whether to get a vibrating sheeps-foot roller or use manual jumping jacks on the recompaction.

With all this going on I think giving my neighbor, his freind and myself Butterfingers 5 shares would be fair....... we have the heavy equiptment covered

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all this going on I think giving my neighbor, his freind and myself Butterfingers 5 shares would be fair....... we have the heavy equiptment covered

I'm not worried about the butterfingers. What we are after is pretty bulky. But I believe you meant to say 3 shares. We are paying for rental (whether yours or others) prior to the split.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Haste makes waste. You can do a lot of unwanted damage with a backhoe/trackhoe. It is also easy to miss valuble items if you do not have someone checking every scoop with metal detectors. People used to bury a lot of stuff to get rid of it. I know where some cars were buried just to gt rid of them. People sometimes bury construction debris rather than hauling it to the dump. Instead of putting the cart before the horse, if you know the exact spot do a small dig with a small backhoe to see what is there before you go worrying about how to split up the "treasure". I am trying to be the "Voice of Reason" here as I have done a lot of things the wrong way in the past. A one cubic foot of solid silver weighs around 750 pounds and a one cubic foot of solid gold weighs over 1200 pounds. A large handfull of gold would be very valuable an easy to miss using heavy equipment. I have a 9 foot post hole digger that can get me down to 8 feet in about a half an hour. I also have a gas powered drill (not post hole auger) that I have different tips and rods to use depending on what I have to drill thru.

Get the proper permission in writing. Have a good plan. Take your time and do it right or you will have regrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread