THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning ARC.

Notice how I didn't respond to your call for 'slave labour' to move your rocks Jim! :dontknow:

Too bad I still don't work for WN otherwise I could have arranged for you to borrow the WL95 for a few days.

The first pic is a 'stock photo', the second pic was taken at Sontrac Equipment in Ottawa, ON.

A few weeks ago when I was departing WN, I learned a number of these units had developed "operational computer issues" due to not being field tested enough before they were released by Germany. :laughing7:

Oh that will go over well in the industry, having a newly purchased loader sitting there collecting dust. :BangHead:

Dave you know if you expose those hands to laborious tasks, you wouldn't get a blister ever time you go out detecting.

Good time to harden up those mitts-just saying.....:laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is a beautiful little belt buckle Jim, you know how I like anything with a Crown! :notworthy:

When do you think it dates to... late 19thc?

There was sniffs of that era, but more of the early round nail era. Hard to get a a read on the site as there was a barn, house, 2 other foundations, 110F outside and at the end of the day after putting a 10hr at the shop rock pile.
Wife said "Your actually going to go out to play in this weather-after doing that today?":icon_scratch:

YUP!:laughing7:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh that will go over well in the industry, having a newly purchased loader sitting there collecting dust. :BangHead:

Dave you know if you expose those hands to laborious tasks, you wouldn't get a blister ever time you go out detecting.

Good time to harden up those mitts-just saying.....:laughing7:

There was sniffs of that era, but more of the early round nail era. Hard to get a a read on the site as there was a barn, house, 2 other foundations, 110F outside and at the end of the day after putting a 10hr at the shop rock pile.
Wife said "Your actually going to go out to play in this weather-after doing that today?":icon_scratch:

YUP!:laughing7:

Man, a guy gets one blister because he "flaps like a chicken" and now I'll never live it down! :laughing9:

In reference to your second post regarding your wife's question, I'm reminded of Cru's motto... "A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds."!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Knees are handy..

In a lawn we're cutting plugs. That's where the edge comes in. The edge opposite the edge with teeth. Stab. Cut with sawing motion with the smooth side of your digger.
Which, means you are turning a circle/C shape away from the sawtooth edge. You'll know what I mean when you cut a flap or plug with the saw teeth instead. Messier , but more effort required on your part too. You clog teeth with grass,roots,pebble(s) ect . and it's more effort to cut. Then you have to clean the blade off.

My wrist/arm will tire of turning/cutting the same direction and when I don't pay attention I'll be cutting with the sawteeth edge. Then I'll notice again. Clay is bad for sticking that way. Get ahold of a piece of wire in the teeth and the well oiled sewing machine rhythm cutting up and down motion goes right out the window.

Small (keyword ,small) roots I set a tooth notch over and give the digger a short shove to break the root. Even sharp the teeth don't do much for cutting. At least not for me. I don't fight roots much. Tunnel under one sometimes , but the Lesche is not ideal (for me for sure) to cut roots bigger than a pencil, or really any live wood.

Thanks, rchair. Roots kick my butt. I found a tool on accident at the local hardware store. I don't know what it is called, but it is the best thing I have found to tackle the roots. It is great for the hard clay, too.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning crew mates.
Just checking in and trying to stay caught up.
8 of us here this morning, just waiting for the onslaught, then it gets crazy.

Good luck to all those seeking treasures what ever they maybe.
Stay cool and hydrated.

...right on cue! Fasten your seatbelts, gonna be a wild and crazy day!
5 yr old was tested for covid because of a sore throat, waiting for neg. test results, been 5 days. No one else is sick.
Neighbor tested neg. 2 weeks ago, not voluntarily. :dontknow:

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning WD and Beeps. :)

GIRLS ON DECK ! ! !

LOOK ALIVE CHUMS ! ! !

***ARC fluffs his head hairs and then hides his rum bottle***

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning AntiQ, WD your presence precedes you!
We have crying...it stopped. Just the first warning shot

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that the ship is in the hands of the girls...

bbl. :)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning ARC
Hiding the rum bottle...while leaning on the keg....hmm?
Oh we have crier #2 and banging on the wall.
...or is that just you ARC trying to hide the rum keg...again?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! Hey! Get back here ARC! And he's gone again!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good Morning, MsBeeps. I am in awe of your rodeo of rugrats. I couldn't do it everyday. No way! I pray that the 5 yr. old does not have it.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well half awake...no not me, them. 4 of 8 are up. Gotta go defend the ship!
Have a good one all!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Whoa! Beeps, we have control of the ship?!??! Where shall we go? Shall we sail to Tom and Simon's private island and see what they have hidden in their cave?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread