THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Mornin' GB. I always thought ya slept late, but then I remembered you don't live in my timezone.

Morning y'all.... Another Perfect/flawless long run w/the Cobra this morning. 011.JPG

Later Rook :hello:
When the roofers get done you will get a chance to see how good a clean up job they do when you go out and check for roofing nails.
We had our house and both garages done a few months ago and I found a bunch of nails. I had just spent $ 1,200 on new tires for the Corvette so running over a nail would have pissed me off for sure.

I insisted on a good clean up after a roofing job due to the dogs being willing to eat anything they can pick up.
"Oh yes ,and we'll run a rolling magnet after".

It snowed hard repeatedly , and after the job was "complete" I picked up a couple pounds of scrap bits of shingles , and metal detected about 1/2 of a large coffee can of staples and nails...

Morning all. : )

Relevant chair, just more evidence that if you want a job done right you gotta do it yourself.

Right now I'm working on laying down a floor in my Mom's attic. I can take off whenever I want so long as I am working all the time. My other chores this time of year include duck hunting, keeping up the yard, duck hunting, looking after Mom, duck hunting, keeping up the house, duck hunting, splitting fire wood, duck hunting, and duck hunting.

Oh, and I also do a bit of duck hunting in my free time. :tongue3:

Edit to add- Rusty Relics, how did you get a black and white imaged out of that color cannon image? I could do it with film, no idea how to do it with software.

Last edited:
Morning all. : )

Relevant chair, just more evidence that if you want a job done right you gotta do it yourself.

Right now I'm working on laying down a floor in my Mom's attic. I can take off whenever I want so long as I am working all the time. My other chores this time of year include duck hunting, keeping up the yard, duck hunting, looking after Mom, duck hunting, keeping up the house, duck hunting, splitting fire wood, duck hunting, and duck hunting.

Oh, and I also do a bit of duck hunting in my free time. :tongue3:

Edit to add- Rusty Relics, how did you get a black and white imaged out of that color cannon image? I could do it with film, no idea how to do it with software.

Nowadays, impossible to do it on film. You can turn the image into black and white, but it would be dull, and weird looking. I tweak my stuff a lot on Corel Paintshop.

Good afternoon fellow pirates. Hi & bye Rook, Simon, & WD. I didn't quite make the morning roster.

That must have been a very enjoyable ride RTR.

Duck Shot you do get in a little duck hunting time, don't ya. :laughing7:

Say hello to my little friend...

Not really mine though... would be a cool one.

IMG_5460.jpgIMG_5459.jpgIMG_5458.jpg

Last edited:
hello little friend.

Now here's a cannon :)

Hey cap, Have you ever heard of a Monkey head cannon?

How about a British 8 pounder from the 1700s?

Hey cap, Have you ever heard of a Monkey head cannon?

How about a British 8 pounder from the 1700s?

Monkey ? ... no.

8 pounder ? yes... adopted from the French I believe.

Talk about changing avatars....................Nice one Bart, is that one you found ?

Bart, is that the one you found in January of 2016 where some of the 1733 fleet survivors camped ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• ARC
Back