I took my son out car shopping today. Where? Dayton! He knows I hate Dayton! He said, “We will be fine. They’re all at car lots.” So we stopped at a couple but not the one he wanted to see. We end up in north Dayton and I pointed out a what used to be a restaurant that my mom and dad used to take me and my grandma to. Found the car lot. No deal. So we back track to another lot. He’s got his face in the phone trying to put in the address. Got it . “Your destination is on the left.” Crap! Too late to turn. There is a dump of a hotel next, in which he remarked, “That just screams crack head hotel.” The next place to turn around was a vacant bar. I informed him that his grandfather used to play music there. So we get turned around and pull into the car lot. It’s fenced in and I am right alongside the hotel. He got out and goes to see the vehicle. I’m getting an uneasy feeling sitting there. Finally he comes back and as he does this guy in a really nice truck is picking up this chick that is obviously on something. She’s whacked out dancing, trying to get one more hit off her cigarette and put it out and twirling like a drunk ballerina. At this point I say the really bad word, “ Get me the **** out of here.” He’s like,”Why?” I point and this girl and she is crazy dancing in the front seat. Obvious a John or her pimp picked her up. Then there comes a raggedy mini van behind them. My son says that’s probably a detective. I’m frantically trying to get turned around to get out. The truck pulls out, the mini van pulls out and then try’s pulling right back in on the other side. Darn near gets in a head on crash. I get turned around and am waiting on traffic when the van comes back around the hotel. My son says, “Whoops. Looks like he’s not a detective. He’s picked him up one,too.” She looked like she was passed out already.
Broke my heart, scared me and ticked me off, all at the same time. Dayton sucks!