THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope nobody minds. Despite what has been the finish. He still stands as my all time favorite comedian. Some of my fondest memories from my childhood was Mr. Griffith,(6th grade teacher), giving us a reward for doing well on a test by playing some of Bill's earliest stuff.

Goodnight folks, pleasant dreams.

Yeah, well, he was one of my favorites also. Loved the cake for breakfast routine. Many factors in the whole mess.

Don’t put people on a pedestal. They will fall. Doesn’t matter the race, the age, the wealth, the gender. They will fall!

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Screenshot 2021-04-10 at 9.15.59 PM.png

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
You got a full service station? I thought those were extinct? And I will add, since this whole onset of the virus, I have been asking why they have not come back. Seems to me a logical step to help keep down the spread. Not much is logical with this mess, though.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You got a full service station? I thought those were extinct? And I will add, since this whole onset of the virus, I have been asking why they have not come back. Seems to me a logical step to help keep down the spread. Not much is logical with this mess, though.

Now WD what did I tell you about using your common sense? Geeeez

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geesh. Took you long enough. She’s only drank 2 barrels since she came aboard. Kind of a light weight compared to, um, er, uh... let’s say some scurvy dog the crew elects to command and navigate the pirate ship. Savvy?

Where is Msbeep any way? I hope she’s okay.

Well no... we have had a few that come round post for a day and off they go... mostly off the site or like PAt Kat they only surface once in a blue moon...

Sheeperdess is actually interacting for more than a day.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning to all

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning Truth. It’s good to see you back.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I didn't say anything yesterday, but we had a major disaster yesterday. We are starting into the summer season, and all the boats have a plan. The big moter yacht has been nothing but a giant headache since it arrived one year ago. So this week with a new captain a plan was made to head up north and deliver this ship from the keys to the great lakes via the st. Lawrence sea way. Thats a 4000 mile journey that takes a month to complete. Ive done that trip 7 times and I volunteered my experience to help get the boat to its destination at mackinaw Island. I was looking forward to the voyage and maybe a possible meeting with my t-net friend pepperJ. But like all things in a pirate Republic the decision was put to a vote by my peers and fellow crew mates. It was decided that I should stay south and do the summer dive and fishing program instead of the voyage north. So we imported some crew members off our 105 sailboat white hawk to fly down and help get the 112 motor yacht to the great lakes. So we helped them get untied and underway and shouted our farewells and good wishes as they left. Well they made it 100 yards out of the marina before they slowed for incoming traffic. The captains inexperience led him to slow to much....the boat lost its forward momentum and was pushed sideways by strong winds. So they went aground on the hard rock bottom at about 1030 am. I immediately got in the 1400 horse power 42 foot open fisherman and hooked up to there stern to try and pull it back into deep water. After an hour of struggling sea tow shows up with 2 tow boats. It was a failure and the falling tide made it impossible to free up. We were forced to abandon our effort until the next high tide at 1138 pm. The boat had to sit on the rocks through a whole tide cycle. So I prepared to make a final attempt at 1138 but at the last second I was able to convince the owners and attorneys that risking another one of our boats in a rescue attempt was not the best plan. I received a last second reprieve and 2 large tow boats were sent to try and free our 11 million dollar wreck. This has been one of the most disastrous years of yachting I've ever been involved with. I was so exhausted that I just went home and turned off my phone. I have no idea how everything turned out ,....and don't care if I ever see that damn motor yacht again. Im gonna finish loading for the bahamas on our 55 viking and come Saturday morning im gonna run that boat at top speed away from this sh.t show. Im gonna go to spanish wells and turn off all communication with the rest of the world. Im gonna fish the yellow fins for 4 days before I turn the phones back on. Hopefully we can stay hidden in the bahamas and as far away from that 112 footer as possible. Hopefully this disaster of a yacht will disappear forever after this fiasco !! I have actually thought about quitting.....but.....the lure of the 55 aluteian on a treasure hunting and spearfishing summer cruise has kept me here through these tough times. 6 -7 days a week is to much.....im hopeing that my bahama time will recharge my batteries...it usually does !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh....seems as I was typing....they were texting that they were able to free themselves at high tide and they are under there own power on there way to ft.lauderdale for repairs. Marine patrol has done an environmental damage assessment and there will be no fines and there was no environmental damage to the sea bed !! Wow what a relief !! I truly hope its the last time I ever see the motor yacht SEA HAWK !!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart,

Glad things turned out well and hope you manage to make your downtime in the Bahamas. Have a Bahama Mama for me will ya!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny thing . I decided to gather all my pieces of crocks and, you guessed it, start cleaning them. Seriously, this is not a good hobby for someone who hates to clean.

I am a servant, sir. You know what I mean. But, hey, I got the cutest little she-shed. Life is good.

Be.....whatever thine heart desires, milady. Be it queen or servant extraordinaire! So long as thy happiness abounds!
formal_bow.jpg

(....just don't complain so much....:tongue3: )

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, well, he was one of my favorites also. Loved the cake for breakfast routine. Many factors in the whole mess.

Don’t put people on a pedestal. They will fall. Doesn’t matter the race, the age, the wealth, the gender. They will fall!

Yep...we *ALL* eventually fall...about 6 ft under. :dontknow:

"The world, whales, tigers, bears aren't going away! *WE* are!!!!" -George Carlin

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart,

Glad things turned out well and hope you manage to make your downtime in the Bahamas. Have a Bahama Mama for me will ya!
Bill....im gonna have 2 bahama mamas for ya...thanks bill !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Huh....seems as I was typing....they were texting that they were able to free themselves at high tide and they are under there own power on there way to ft.lauderdale for repairs. Marine patrol has done an environmental damage assessment and there will be no fines and there was no environmental damage to the sea bed !! Wow what a relief !! I truly hope its the last time I ever see the motor yacht SEA HAWK !!

I was going to ask if they got it off-good to here that its on their own power. Another insurance claim that one has to say "Run Forest Run!" Sounds like a great plan Bart head south-hide-enjoy life.

Imagine the yacht will be in dry docks for a few days/weeks/months........

Oh Captain-Oh captain-I come to confess-I was taking the Yacht out-but got her in a mess........

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haaa haa.....ya im just gonna get deeper and deeper into the islands....eventually ill be out of phone distance !! Wooo hooo. Got to find some of those Bahamian pirate pieces of eight !!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mornin all.

Second covid shot clobbered me. Big time.
Weds. 5:30. Still swinging temps and sore all over. But , gaining.
Cancelling Prosthetics and DR. appointments. But I'll be back to them next week...

Just for equal time sake? I've had both shots. No side effects at all. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread