bill from lachine
Platinum Member
Jim,
Truth about the balance of nature we have lots of mature trees, insects, etc....about 10 or so years ago quite a few merlin hawks have taken up residence in the area as well as the occasional coopers hawk.
https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...AhWJbc0KHQNOB58QjJkEegQIAxAB&biw=1201&bih=750
Truth about the balance of nature we have lots of mature trees, insects, etc....about 10 or so years ago quite a few merlin hawks have taken up residence in the area as well as the occasional coopers hawk.
https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...AhWJbc0KHQNOB58QjJkEegQIAxAB&biw=1201&bih=750





I got my second turkey last night. I was in the woods for only half an hour (not counting the two mile one way hike up the mountain and across). I heard a gobble from afar, and I picked up all of my stuff, moved 200 yards closer to the sound, and set back down everything. I walked forward about 20 yards to throw my calling out better, and he gobbled again about 100 yards away. I waited for a bit and called again, and this time he was right on top of me. I literally sprinted back towards my blind and got in just as he came over the little knob separating me from him. I let him get to 15 yards away before I shot. A lot of meat came off of this bugger!








