What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Wow....looks like scubadetector is gonna pass from covid...

Damn...that really sux...

When it hit me..

I was down to 80% oxygen level in my blood...(you are not supposed to alive below 84%..)
You have no energy because you have no oxygen....medics had to come in and lift me out of bed...

Now I know what it is like to try to breathe underwater...

Whatever the cold stuff they put in the IV every 2 hours, I felt like some of these superhero movies, would literally expand my chest when it hit me, almost lift me off the bed.

I started playing with the the equipment, boosting the overpressure and oxygen level...sat in Lotus position and made myself get better....
Interns said I was the most chill dude in ICU...

brought me music, listen to reggaeton.

still, 9 days in ICU, at one point was gonna get medevac'd to either San Juan, Miami, or Jacksonville...(because the rotating head nurse and head of respiratory was at Jacksonville Hospital...)

on a side note, everyone should invest in EA+, medivac insurance... https://www.emergencyassistanceplus.com/
(I am not promoting this company, it was my choice, and mine alone...for information purposes only)

As a Vet and VFW, I pay $105 per year or $120 for a family. (but this list for discounts is extensive, AARP, VFW, etc...Covers medivac from wherever, meds, spouse and rental car issues, etc...

As an example, I have decent insurance, United Health Care One...
For medivac from STT to PR was $12,000 and insurance covered $5000.
From STT to Miami was $57,000 and insurance covered $10,000
Insurance would not cover a medivac to JAX, so they did not cost that trip...(but I am sure that woman would have made it happen, she said you aint gonna die on my watch!...God Bless people who give a fk)

When told me that, I said easy choice, I am checking out of this hotel!!!!
That was my incentive to get better!
 
Last edited:
Incredible xaos....I had no idea....were lucky to be talking to ya buddy !! God bless scubadetector/robert....he was a lot of fun and I enjoyed his posts....he got gold alot, and his posts really were good !! I was wondering about him this season and when he was gonna post up a triple gold day !! It was a serious shock to see him so beat up in that last pic...not how I choose to remeber him !! Hey xaos...glad your here buddy !!
 
A few minutes to midnight,last night it looked bright red but the cam. saw something else??? 002.webp
 
Bart,

Sorry to hear about ScubaDetector passing on....just a reality check for those who haven't gotten the vaccine also.
 
Last edited:
Having pulled pork sandwiches for supper and sliced up a couple of garden tomatoes for side veggies I ate a couple of off cuts from near the stems and they were actually sweet.
 
Bart,

Sorry to hear about ScubaDetector passing on....just a reality check for those who haven't gotten the vaccine also.

When a fellow hunter passes it hits home that things can change quickly in life.
Yet when one has a common bond as the water/surf/sand hunters it makes s whole lot closer.
Sorry to read about his passing Bart.
Maybe a memorial water hunt is in order.....

Yes, that's for sure Bill more fully vaccinated protects the ones that are not able to have one.
 
There's an F-14 for sale near me cheap.
Good thing I have an appointment elsewhere tomorrow..

Guess fenders were an option on this one too? None on the one for sale near me either. Or maybe they just didn't see any need.

 
Night.
 
Morning.
 
Morning there ARC
 
And also a good morning to you as well Rook.
 
Well as we near the one year mark since i have seen any activity from our friend Simon i wonder and hope he is fairing well in the stormy seas of life.
 
Morning ARC and Rook
Yes, it makes one wonder if the post storm clean up was the reason why Simon never posted again.
Though Tom returned after his time out I see.
 
Well as we near the one year mark since i have seen any activity from our friend Simon i wonder and hope he is fairing well in the stormy seas of life.

I miss Simon alot...he used to encourage and motivate me....I think and wonder about him quite a bit !!
 
Good morning guys and gals !!
 
I would miss ANY one of you scallywags.

***ARC quickly looks busy... looking for something as to not let the crew see his softer side... but is really just looking for Rum of course***
 
There's an F-14 for sale near me cheap.
Good thing I have an appointment elsewhere tomorrow..

Guess fenders were an option on this one too? None on the one for sale near me either. Or maybe they just didn't see any need.



Thats no stinking F-14............This is :BangHead: >>
 
Thats no stinking F-14............This is :BangHead: >>


Morning Bart, Bill, RTR

Now I'm thinking Farmall has a great legal case for patent infringement against Grumman for taking the F-14 name. :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom