THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning folks !!:hello:....choppers are on patrol, mosquito control is doing strafe runs, and D.E.A./border patrol is patrolling the coast for cocaine and weed bales. Coast guard is out on the reef edge on the hunt for cuban rafters too !! And then you have all the law enforcement in boats swarming around checking lobster catches !! Its a crazy morning out there !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

These guys buzz the house and drop gas every morning at about 8-805 am. You can see the gas/spray coming out of the chopper in large plumes as they strafe the neighborhood for mosquitos. They are incredible pilots and really bank these birds hard when there doing there runs. It looks like the piolit is gonna fall out the door sometimes when they bank turn !! Already had one fly over but no gas....he's dropping gas on the neighborhood north of us !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

These guys buzz the house and drop gas every morning at about 8-805 am. You can see the gas/spray coming out of the chopper in large plumes as they strafe the neighborhood for mosquitos. They are incredible pilots and really bank these birds hard when there doing there runs. It looks like the piolit is gonna fall out the door sometimes when they bank turn !! Already had one fly over but no gas....he's dropping gas on the neighborhood north of us !!

Thought there was a program where they were introducing sterile male mosquitos to knock down the species.

Seriously I won't care to have that buzzing over my head dropping crap on me and my land.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the old days it was a DC-3. It would come screaming in at treetop level at over 100 kts and pop gas !! A huge cloud of malithiaon would drift through the neighborhood like smoke grenades in Vietnam!! It was a hell of an event !! We loved it as kids and when they did evening runs we would race around on our bikes in the cloud after gas choking with joy as we chased the plane. Those were the days of roaring thunder runs....that plane was so loud and low you could here it approaching for miles !! The actual pass would rattle windows and shake foundations !! I must confess....I shot the plane with BB guns more than once, and others shot the plane with real firearms !! Pilots were wounded more than once, and the planes took hits every year. The choppers are quieter, and the spray is less noxious than the clouds of drifting malithiaon!! Last year we had dengue, westnile, and zika, to name a few. This year they have released a genetically modified mosquito into the wild to mate with...the result is supposed to be sterile mosquitos !!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the old days it was a DC-3. It would come screaming in at treetop level at over 100 kts and pop gas !! A huge cloud of malithiaon would drift through the neighborhood like smoke grenades in Vietnam!! It was a hell of an event !! We loved it as kids and when they did evening runs we would race around on our bikes in the cloud after gas choking with joy as we chased the plane. Those were the days of roaring thunder runs....that plane was so loud and low you could here it approaching for miles !! The actual pass would rattle windows and shake foundations !! I must confess....I shot the plane with BB guns more than once, and others shot the plane with real firearms !! Pilots were wounded more than once, and the planes took hits every year. The choppers are quieter, and the spray is less noxious than the clouds of drifting malithiaon!! Last year we had dengue, westnile, and zika, to name a few. This year they have released a genetically modified mosquito into the wild to mate with...the result is supposed to be sterile mosquitos !!

Then the DC-3 grew up and became the AC-47 :) 018.JPG 004.JPG 006.JPG

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LOL their spraying the wrong stuff :) 013.JPG

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BC1969, what do you mean not warned, I sent you a pm before you were timed out for 7 days, not 9 asking you to please stop bumping old threads, many of which were political and you ignored my pm. You bumped over 75 posts back to back anywhere from 7 to 11 years old forcing new posts members posted to the bottom of forum. You were posting old posts that had no relevance to anything going on now. Now your breaking rules by this post instead of addressing it with a mod via pm like you are suppose to do per our rules and you know it. You said when I removed your ban that you would follow the rules too.

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart,

The way they deal with mosquitoes here in Lachine is put up specific style bird nests/hotels for purple martins along the water.

They eat tons of insects everyday including mosquitoes.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
.... barn and tree swallow are the smaller species of purple Martin. I have a purple Martin box but not very much luck getting it occupied. I put up a thing for bats and have seen them use it. They eat a lot of skeeters too..

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fat,

Yep good idea on the bat houses also another great option.

Here's a video on making nesting boxes for tree swallows.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever heard the expression "now you see me now you dont" ?

Sharks say that backwards. heh

undrnd (1).jpg

mMSWjwq5mrYJx9V6yfMEem.jpg

Please don't quote with the pics :)

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20210729_164714.jpg
Crrrrrrrushing it this summer !! Almost every hunt has gold,gemstones,silver,or platinum !! 3 hours at my mini swim hole bill !! Once I've thinned out the coins and trash up comes the jewelry !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw a guy get in here with his wife today.....between the 2 of them they were waring 100,000 $ worth of gold and jewels....and thats not counting the 50 - 100 thousand dollar Rolex he was waring !! Largest amount of treasure I've ever seen anyone ware in the water.....I was hovering around him like a vulture !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Multiple earrings also including a small white gold today !! Wooo hooo !! Roger 2021 baby !! Those guys better get me down there to hunt for that galleon.....the way my luck is ill swim right in the captains cabin !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread