What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

ARC,

I've had an affinity for raggae going back to the late 1970's when I was introduced to it by a fellow from Africa. Great stuff and still enjoy it today.
 
ARC,

I've had an affinity for raggae going back to the late 1970's when I was introduced to it by a fellow from Africa. Great stuff and still enjoy it today.

Well i am not sure if i told you his before or not...

But i have met all of the Wailers... minus Bob for he had already passed.

I helped them with a promotion of a concert once.

The one in the video i met when he was hip high to a grasshopper.... and he went on stage with his dad Ziggy... if i am getting the ralation right.

Anyway...

Family man Barrett was the bassist for Bob... I have his home phone number around here somewhere with an open invitation to stay at the estate if i were to ever go to JAmaica.
 
PS...

On my wall to the right of me is a framed poster of that show... signed by them all.

PSS just remembered... make that 2 shows i hung with em.
 
One show was The Wailers... again without Bob... there was another guy singing... even looked like Bob... dont remember his name...

BUT... i used to have a super small clip of that show... for some reason the video was bunk and only a tidbit remained... also somewhere around here.

The Other was for Ziggy Marley... this one we ended hanging out in lobby of some hotel for a few hours with em.
 
Last edited:
I just stopped at a yard sale after seeing a sign... she had her dads CD collection out for sale... he had health probs and she was selling things for him...

I bought an obscure Bob... Tosh... Jimmy Cliff... and ahhh Oh yeah a grateful dead errrrrrrr wait... a raggea's Grateful dead tribute.

None of which i have listened to yet... had to wipe a layer of dust off em outside before bringing the stacks inside. heh

OH almost forgot the best part...

25 cents each. :)
 
ARC,

Good score on the CDs.

She said they had a lot more to bring out but did not have time... and that this coming weekend they would have more...

I told her i would look for the sign again

So we will see... perhaps another pile awaits. :)
 
Bob Marley and Jerry Garcia are two i missed meeting during the meeting of the bands due to early passings.

In fact both meeting of their bands was within the same year i think. 98 i think.
 
Anyway... off... enough babble... me me me... I I I

:P

Dont quote em i will delete some of that jibber jabber perhaps in morn... depending on mood.

NIGHT t net.
 
My nephew ended up with the sister and Brother-in-laws collection.
5000 vinyl in mostly C&W, but they did collect a few others CWR, Elvis.
They were in collector quality still in plastic, probably 35% were never opened.
Then there were the CDs numbered in the thousands as well.
Collectors to the core.
 
Last edited:
Good morning RCT
 
I just stopped at a yard sale after seeing a sign... she had her dads CD collection out for sale... he had health probs and she was selling things for him...

I bought an obscure Bob... Tosh... Jimmy Cliff... and ahhh Oh yeah a grateful dead errrrrrrr wait... a raggea's Grateful dead tribute.

None of which i have listened to yet... had to wipe a layer of dust off em outside before bringing the stacks inside. heh

OH almost forgot the best part...

25 cents each. :)

Got maybe 70 pounds of 60s/70s/80s Rock & Roll LPs still boxed up from the last move :BangHead::headbang:
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Morning
 
Speaking of records ,wonder if these are any good,pretty cool idea anyhow:)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top Bottom