What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Morning WD and Rook

Have a great day with the Grand kids
 
I just read the thread on Hooka
Great information and I wonder why someone would consider doing something like that, and not being able to swim.
Way too dangerous for me.
I'm totally old school here.
Just need a big old tree branch that hangs over the water.(to tie hose end to)
100 foot garden hose
Pail of cement (weight)
Old work boots ( never wreck the new ones)
Pair of full safety glasses (the type that go over prescription eyewear)
Duct tape those little vent holes closed.
Safety first.:headbang:
If I have forgotten anything please let me know, thanks.
FYI The water is only 12ft max.....
 
Last edited:
coffee:booze.webp
 
Morning Bill

I was wondering yesterday if you had the dew like we had in these parts?
I think things were wetter than if had just rained-crazy thick-then crazy humid when the sun started heating it all up!
 
Anyone here from Massachusetts? Monday morning I'm planning on driving east across the state on I90 to Framingham, and then head north to Maine. It looks like I might need a boat instead.
 
Morning Creakydigger
attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • 63D1865B-5920-400F-A0F9-A25DFF9411E1_1_201_a.webp
    63D1865B-5920-400F-A0F9-A25DFF9411E1_1_201_a.webp
    257.4 KB · Views: 73
There is an ugly traffic circle there now. Is that photo from the old hotel on Exchange St?
 
CreakyDigger,

Good luck on your trip to Mass & Maine.

Thanks. She Who Must Be Obeyed and I head there for 10 days every year - we run an online business from our home, so the only way to get away from it is to get away. No emails, cell phones, computers, or television. Best 10 days of the year.
 
Morning bill and CD
 
There is an ugly traffic circle there now. Is that photo from the old hotel on Exchange St?

Oh what a shame. I have no idea of what the building was, just the murals that were inside were amazing art work.
So typical of the wreckers of old-oh look new is so cool.
I kind of enjoyed the little stay in your parts many years ago.
 
We might of stayed in a hotel down in the historical section, very near or next door to the old city hall. Took a few photos of the great looking architecture of the different buildings.

I think this was 04/2007 on the way down to see the cherry blossoms in DC
 
Last edited:
I checked with The Little Woman. She thinks that mural might be in the old Press building....which in the mural, is the tall brick building on the left, with the pillars.
 
We might of stayed in a hotel down in the historical section, very near or next door to the old city hall. Took a few photos of the great looking architecture of the different buildings.

I think this was 04/2007 on the way down to see the cherry blossoms in DC

Yeah I know the place...it is an updated once-classy hotel and have stayed there. It still has much of the old architecture within. I was thinking it might be from that hotel, but wherever it is, it's a cool mural.
 
I checked with The Little Woman. She thinks that mural might be in the old Press building....which in the mural, is the tall brick building on the left, with the pillars.

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • 87E83A15-E58C-41A4-8439-39A791414970_1_201_a.webp
    87E83A15-E58C-41A4-8439-39A791414970_1_201_a.webp
    209.6 KB · Views: 65
Ok, that last mural looks like newspaper presses...so we're going with the Press Building.
 
:hello: hello and good morning crew !!
 
Excited today to be cutting a 7x7x6ft cant. This one is a cuban mahogany cant that was cut 3 years ago. We will take it to a custom bandsaw equipped with a little ripper sled. I will cut a full cut sheet of parts for a coffee table design !! This kind of represents a full circle of development in our shop. We are taking trees, breaking them down into lumber, and building custom furniture from the trees !! This is the goal we set out to meet 5 years ago....now this process is normal and repeatable for us. Its taken careful building of our infrastructure and tooling to realize this goal. We have been blessed with a wealthy patron who has built a sister shop for us to use. He has put many thousands of dollars into the equipment, and we have full access.....his only stipulation is to teach him the techniques, and come and hang out. We have a custom 24x8 foot shop table here for making conference tables !!
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom