We mostly keep the poutine and ketchup fries for the tourists and keep the better stuff for ourselves.
I mean...fries and cheese curds...hahahahaha sorry, but even the name poutine doesnt sound appetizing!
What I was looking for was something particular for Canada...
As you noted...Mexican, Italian, Greek, Indian Food...
What is the similar style of associated with Canada
Ie...I feel like Mexican or Thai food...
Does anyone ever say I feel like Canadian food?
I know we kindof have "American " food ie , BBQ, fried chicken, hot dogs (?), hamburgers, french fries, and such...(I am still unclear if pizza is American, but damn, the Italian version is sooo much better!)
Do people in Canadia say I feel like American food for dinner tonight??
OMG...ketchup chips are the worst!!!
other:
for being British subjects, I will say that the Aussie meat pies are the bomb!
in NZ.....the best fried calamari prep ever....you have to make these! (couldnt find an image)...but They are prepped like this...but sold in paper cups on the street....