THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe send the Tnet Admins an email Bart and they can reinstate your gold coin thread in the BANNER. :icon_scratch:
Im all done with that approach dave.....its out of my hands. They are still working on this site, and that's enough load on them !! I tried many times to get credit for all my banners with little luck.....I had 5, but was only credited with 4.... my 5th one showed up on birdmans profile. He tried for months to get it straight for me with t-net and so did I. The last thing I want to be known for is a whiney little bitch constantly complaining about a stupid award on a social media sight !! Its hard enough to find this much treasure, and I'd rather save my energy and effort actually finding the treasure, than squabbling over petty stuff. Its the sites loss not mine....im holding the coin now !! Most of my banners are a slight bit different in the fact that they are acutal treasure pieces with great historical provenance and significance. This site is the one who benefits most from my content.....after all they own all this content !! Ill not say another word about any of it...whats concerns me is finding more and filling my own chest up....like the guys who went before me on these fleet wrecks did !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20211011_100122.jpg
20211011_100048.jpg
20211011_095740.jpg

So you guys probably wonder why I like vero and the driftwood inn......there are hundreds of hidden treasures on the property. Im not sure how many ships bells are on the property, but there are many !! The riomar wreck site is less than a mile down the beach so every morning I go there. The cannon my kid is on is most certainly from that site. So much killer stuff on the property.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My good friend gibsail here on t-net has a permission in town, and the property is owned by decendants of the original owners of the driftwood inn !! He said there are at least 30 more ships bells on that property..... he was gifted 2 enormous ships bells !!

I guess only a few are actually ships bells....plantation, mission, rail all types...even church bells.

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WD.....something inside me after talking with you all these years on t-net tells me this is right up your alley for a getaway vacation !! Please look up the driftwood inn in vero Beach!! The beach fishing, and intercoastal fishing is off the charts !! And its right in the middle of of the 1715 fleet, so its treasurehunting HQ for Florida!! And....the best time to treasure hunt is winter !! Most of all I know for sure that Mr WD would love it as well !! The fishing is off the charts good at sebastion inlet....huge snook !!
I'll find some.e links !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So.....speaking of gold coins...
What if a pirate had some gold coins, and he wanted to cash them in and maybe buy something on land!!....something like a ....saw mill !! But if this pirate cashes in hell have to pay the taxes !!

What if this pirate was able to trade the treasure to someone for that saw mill instead of paying cash ??? Hmmmm??

Interested treasure buyer says to pirate id like to buy some of your treasure. Interested pirate responds absolutely not....I don't sell treasure, but if you happen to have a new sawmill....I would consider trading for treasure !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh when there's paper=a trail.
Cash is king they say.
It leaves no trail.
Then again a noisy neighbor is not totally convinced.
How did that shiny new toy show up?
It's never the tax dept. It's usually the slightest person that puts the bug in their ear.
Usually its nobody's business but it seems like that folks just need to know too much.
I will tell you something about something, but still tell you nothing.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh when there's paper=a trail.
Cash is king they say.
It leaves no trail.
Then again a noisy neighbor is not totally convinced.
How did that shiny new toy show up?
It's never the tax dept. It's usually the slightest person that puts the bug in their ear.
Usually its nobody's business but it seems like that folks just need to know too much.
I will tell you something about something, but still tell you nothing.
Yup !!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.

An informal (noncontract) long term lease or rental might be easier to justify (where's the purchase capitol from?) than an outright mill acquisition. Yes it comes with eviction hazards. But if the owner is getting a cut , why end it?

Cameras and recording devices today make such deals dicey at best.

Gold can be a curse.
One case (tale of a buyer) where more than redeemed exists(ted) had me nearly hopping up and down while offering my searching service. But it makes more sense today the seller(I didn't meet) wanted things left as is.
Even though provenance made it easier to justify ,(and more importantly be able to hold on to) the current holder figured enough was enough , for then at least.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
"Hung up in the rocks" LOL kinda hard to do Trolling in 100 to 300 ft of water:) "we USE to catch"25 to 30 pounders" LOL
thats the size we use for bait.
"30 to 40 pounders are common here" and the record caught was 53 pounds.>> https://stripemasters.com/photos
I've had many doubles on(and landed) at the same time on the same umbrella rig ,and one triple :)
With 90 pound Braided line...not much gets broken OR away.
This was caught in the "run-off" stream of SML :) https://www.smithmountainhomes.com/records-set-atnear-smith-mountain-lake-in-virginia/
Fighting a big striper from a boat is a piece of cake compared to fighting one in the surf. Once he takes off first you have to get off the jetty so you can fight him from the beach. We wore chest waders with the built-in boots, and then we pulled the cleats out of an old pair of golf shoes and screwed them into the soles of the boots. The cleats would give you traction on the seaweed covered rocks. Without them it was like trying to walk on slime, you would break your azz. Once you made it to the beach you had to fight both the fish and the surf, and the fish knew how to use the surf to his advantage. Landing a 20 lb striper in the surf is much harder than landing a 40 lb striper from a boat. Plus you had to keep from getting knocked down by the waves, or your waders would fill with water and you could drown, but that's another story.
Didn't mean for this to get into a chest beating contest, but surf fishing on the New Jersey Shore is not for the weak.
View attachment 1984846 View attachment 1984847 View attachment 1984848
So you guys probably wonder why I like vero and the driftwood inn......there are hundreds of hidden treasures on the property. Im not sure how many ships bells are on the property, but there are many !! The riomar wreck site is less than a mile down the beach so every morning I go there. The cannon my kid is on is most certainly from that site. So much killer stuff on the property.
I eat at Waldo's sometimes. Great place.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bahamian gold coin thread has lost its banner status ?? What the heck ?? Its not up anymore, and when I find it in the beach and shallow water forum it no longer has a banner title next to it !! Oh well....ill have to try harder I guess ??

? ? ? this one >?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fighting a big striper from a boat is a piece of cake compared to fighting one in the surf. Once he takes off first you have to get off the jetty so you can fight him from the beach. We wore chest waders with the built-in boots, and then we pulled the cleats out of an old pair of golf shoes and screwed them into the soles of the boots. The cleats would give you traction on the seaweed covered rocks. Without them it was like trying to walk on slime, you would break your azz. Once you made it to the beach you had to fight both the fish and the surf, and the fish knew how to use the surf to his advantage. Landing a 20 lb striper in the surf is much harder than landing a 40 lb striper from a boat. Plus you had to keep from getting knocked down by the waves, or your waders would fill with water and you could drown, but that's another story.
Didn't mean for this to get into a chest beating contest, but surf fishing on the New Jersey Shore is not for the weak.

I eat at Waldo's sometimes. Great place.
I'll be looking you up next time boat....I apologize for not contacting you while I was there....pretty rude of me not to say hello....I forgot you were also in vero....hope to see you on the next visit...by all means contact me when you come to dive the keys !! I keep saying ill come up next noreaster, and then there isn't even one noreaster in 2 years !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread