What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I snapped a few pictures on my morning walk. Some trees that were knocked down from last week's wind storm and a couple that the beavers in the lake have done a number on.
 

Attachments

  • DSC02891.webp
    DSC02891.webp
    59.7 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC02892.webp
    DSC02892.webp
    1,002.3 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC02893.webp
    DSC02893.webp
    674.9 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC02896.webp
    DSC02896.webp
    141.2 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC02897.webp
    DSC02897.webp
    105.8 KB · Views: 42
Dang...!! Now I'm starving after catching up on my likes !! Man..I bet one of those china boxes could hold alot a birds too !!
 
No bbq is complete without this
 
Morning.
 
Wazz up RR

Oh nothin' much. I'm trying to sell some stuff online to raise Christmas money for my brother, (I have a reputation) and other than that, not much.

I did acquire a nice 12 pounder shell fragment that was recovered on Heths Ridge, and was a part of the Rosensteel collection. I had to have it, it reminded me of one of my favorite movie scenes. :)
 
Here's a good one, and as a Christian I get it in a way.


I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump. I ran over and said: "Stop. Don't do it."

"Why shouldn't I?" he asked.

"Well, there's so much to live for!"

"Like what?"

"Are you religious?"

He said: "Yes."

I said: "Me too. Are you Christian or Buddhist?"

"Christian."

"Me too. Are you Catholic or Protestant?"

"Protestant."

"Me too. Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"

"Baptist."

"Wow. Me too. Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"

"Baptist Church of God."

"Me too. Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you Reformed Baptist Church of God?"

"Reformed Baptist Church of God."

"Me too. Are you Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1879, or Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915?"

He said: "Reformed Baptist Church of God, Reformation of 1915."

I said: "Die, heretic scum," and pushed him off.
 
Oh nothin' much. I'm trying to sell some stuff online to raise Christmas money for my brother, (I have a reputation) and other than that, not much.

I did acquire a nice 12 pounder shell fragment that was recovered on Heths Ridge, and was a part of the Rosensteel collection. I had to have it, it reminded me of one of my favorite movie scenes. :)

What movie scene RR ?
 
I've got a hard day at work today.....run the wave runners !! Wooo hooo !!
 
What movie scene RR ?

Okay, couple of movie scenes. :)

In the movie Gettysburg, Gen. Reynolds was talking to John Buford, and said "now let's go surprise Harry Heth". In the background, soldiers from the Iron Brigade, First Corps, were marching toward battle. In a scene or two later, the Iron Brigade gets the order to move forward, and the band for the brigade starts up "Hell on the Wabash" as the soldiers pass by. At that point, one of the best musical pieces I've ever heard begins to play, (rendition of Hell on the Wabash, renamed Fife and Gun) and two twelve pounder field guns fire away, at Heths Ridge. I have a bullet, fired by the 24th Michigan, south of this site into A.P. Hill's corps, but this is my first relic from Heths Ridge.


I sound like a movie nerd now...
 
Never saw that movie....I'll have to check it out RR.
 
Never saw that movie....I'll have to check it out RR.

You should see a few of the scenes on youtube. They're amazing. All time favorite movie for me for sure.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom