THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm still quite anxious about it the doctor told me I'm fine just need to get my mouth healthy again but my anxiety mind doesn't ease easily. I have lab work to do still I know my mind should trust the doctor but hypochondria and generalized anxiety disorder never help. Also the doctor said me letting my anxiety stay severe will just make everything worse but I can't shut it off I think about all the worst case scenarios
Good morning, JVA5th. Flossing is the key. Did you ever read my post about the dentist? Well long story short, I freaked out so bad he had to get out the oxygen tank and called my husband at work to come there and calm me down. I took measures then so I wouldn't have to go through that again. I haven't had any new problems, just old dental work falling apart. Floss, floss, floss.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning, JVA5th. Flossing is the key. Did you ever read my post about the dentist? Well long story short, I freaked out so bad he had to get out the oxygen tank and called my husband at work to come there and calm me down. I took measures then so I wouldn't have to go through that again. I haven't had any new problems, just old dental work falling apart. Floss, floss, floss.
I've been so bad my gut is sick and I vomit from the anxiety. I made the mistake of using Google to see what's going on and it's always so many terrible things. I get frustrated that people don't understand my anxiety and hypochondria. I don't mean to freak out and to feel terrified but I am. I'm a shakey wreck and won't feel better till lab work is done and I know for sure what's up. I know I should trust my doctor and calm down but my mind just won't.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been so bad my gut is sick and I vomit from the anxiety. I made the mistake of using Google to see what's going on and it's always so many terrible things. I get frustrated that people don't understand my anxiety and hypochondria. I don't mean to freak out and to feel terrified but I am. I'm a shakey wreck and won't feel better till lab work is done and I know for sure what's up. I know I should trust my doctor and calm down but my mind just won't.
John, Here's a routine which might help you.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning, ARC.

See the source image
OMG WD!
I can't believe that Dave sent you his 8x10 glossy GIF. :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hate to say it but one should never Google "what do I have?"
Never had a chance in **** in coming up with a treatable symptom.:laughing7:
Morning John

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to say it but one should never Google "what do I have?"
Never had a chance in **** in coming up with a treatable symptom.:laughing7:
Morning John
Good morning Pepper. I know I'm just an idiot and was alone and scared. It all happened when I was house sitting so I was stuck with no one around and in my head so I don't make the best choices in those moments. Now I get to be terrified lol

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.

I'm not disregarding your anxiety when I write that you and Rusty should join me for some winter driving instruction demonstrations. Nothing like a shot of adrenalin in a situation when loss of control /life and limb seems eminent. Repeatedly.
You'd forget about your teeth briefly. And Google too.

I had 13 or more teeth pulled from around age 12-14.
More later.
Have put money into saving original roots since.

I look at worst case scenarios too. Mostly a blend of being sarcastically and fatalistically humorously inclined if things are negative.. Might be how I dodge getting uptight.
Worse case I die. Then teeth don't matter. (I.D. me by my tattoo if need be.)
Second worse , all teeth get pulled. Not that big of a deal except for not having real teeth left.
Did get one implanted tooth. It's not the same as it clunks rather than feels. But is better than the bad canine tooth it replaced.
Dentist office is doing well. My gums and teeth are decent now. Must be a win there somewhere.

Hang in there.
Congrats on your detecting recoveries.
You're well advanced from when you started with detecting. How did that happen?

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mornin all.

I'm not disregarding your anxiety when I write that you and Rusty should join me for some winter driving instruction demonstrations. Nothing like a shot of adrenalin in a situation when loss of control /life and limb seems eminent. Repeatedly.
You'd forget about your teeth briefly. And Google too.

I had 13 or more teeth pulled from around age 12-14.
More later.
Have put money into saving original roots since.

I look at worst case scenarios too. Mostly a blend of being sarcastically and fatalistically humorously inclined if things are negative.. Might be how I dodge getting uptight.
Worse case I die. Then teeth don't matter. (I.D. me by my tattoo if need be.)
Second worse , all teeth get pulled. Not that big of a deal except for not having real teeth left.
Did get one implanted tooth. It's not the same as it clunks rather than feels. But is better than the bad canine tooth it replaced.
Dentist office is doing well. My gums and teeth are decent now. Must be a win there somewhere.

Hang in there.
Congrats on your detecting recoveries.
You're well advanced from when you started with detecting. How did that happen?
Thank you for the kind and thoughtful response I really appreciate it. As to regarding the metal detecting just lots of practice and stubbornness. I've gone over some of my spots hundreds of times so I guess with all the time comes some gained knowledge.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning RC
Have you been out in the blind at all?
Some say dump the salt brine that I took out of the tank this past week out for deer licks.
What do you think?
Pure salt I guess, just in the 3-2 gallon s/st pails right now.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Blood work done and bonus for this time I didn't almost pass out this time only got a little sick lol.
Well there's 3 bonuses here.
1st.- You got er' done-:hello2:

2nd.-You didn't pass out-:notworthy:
3rd. -I'm guessing you'll never be going around any needles on your own, and will be sticking to :occasion14:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Morning RC
Have you been out in the blind at all?
Some say dump the salt brine that I took out of the tank this past week out for deer licks.
What do you think?
Pure salt I guess, just in the 3-2 gallon s/st pails right now.
Illegal for me to bait or salt or add minerals.

Cold bites. Age or heath related? I won't Google it.
I'll try to sneak out tomorrow. One of the last days probably.
Not seeing deer the last couple plus sits. Constant wind through the open windows.
Next year I'll have a solid blind and more heat!

Folks have salt watered stumps.
I'd rather rocks maybe.
Deer eat dirt. And they don't object to salt being available. Maybe more in spring and summer , but put it out and they'll use it as suits them best.
If they are lacking or just desirous , they'll hit it during any season.
Add salt to dirt and they'll eat more dirt.

I've watched them in winter working the edge of the road for salt. Or at least the version counties here dump on the roads in winter.

Dirt is suspected in my area , of being capable of hosting C.W.D. prions.
So no bait ect.
Dirt is still legal. I think...

Wow. I sure bounced around off the road , through the ditch and back a couple times trying to answer that!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you for the kind and thoughtful response I really appreciate it. As to regarding the metal detecting just lots of practice and stubbornness. I've gone over some of my spots hundreds of times so I guess with all the time comes some gained knowledge.

In your detecting , you powered through preconceived original doubt . Transferred that nervous negative energy to positive action.
Dentist , Dr. . Same. You powered through.
Easy? Nope. But you did. And you do!
Well done.

In priorities where something sucks or I don't like it but it's on the list of what needs done ,(or is just nagging in my brain) I know from experience that dealing with/knocking out the worst first saves the best for last. Or at least makes it easier to keep powering forward when required.
If we do the hardest stuff first , the rest can't be harder , right?

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well there's 3 bonuses here.
1st.- You got er' done-:hello2:

2nd.-You didn't pass out-:notworthy:
3rd. -I'm guessing you'll never be going around any needles on your own, and will be sticking to :occasion14:
Lol I hate needles and I've completely stopped drinking my health stuff has me too scared to even want to drink

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread