THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In your detecting , you powered through preconceived original doubt . Transferred that nervous negative energy to positive action.
Dentist , Dr. . Same. You powered through.
Easy? Nope. But you did. And you do!
Well done.

In priorities where something sucks or I don't like it but it's on the list of what needs done ,(or is just nagging in my brain) I know from experience that dealing with/knocking out the worst first saves the best for last. Or at least makes it easier to keep powering forward when required.
If we do the hardest stuff first , the rest can't be harder , right?
Indeed. I have a lot more regarding dental work to do I hate it but I'm not going to procrastinate and will get it done. I've learned the hard way enough to not let things go too long

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Illegal for me to bait or salt or add minerals.

Cold bites. Age or heath related? I won't Google it.
I'll try to sneak out tomorrow. One of the last days probably.
Not seeing deer the last couple plus sits. Constant wind through the open windows.
Next year I'll have a solid blind and more heat!

Folks have salt watered stumps.
I'd rather rocks maybe.
Deer eat dirt. And they don't object to salt being available. Maybe more in spring and summer , but put it out and they'll use it as suits them best.
If they are lacking or just desirous , they'll hit it during any season.
Add salt to dirt and they'll eat more dirt.

I've watched them in winter working the edge of the road for salt. Or at least the version counties here dump on the roads in winter.

Dirt is suspected in my area , of being capable of hosting C.W.D. prions.
So no bait ect.
Dirt is still legal. I think...

Wow. I sure bounced around off the road , through the ditch and back a couple times trying to answer that!
Alright, you kept it upright RC. :hello2:
In Ontario they use dogs, bait, film, time-sounds more like an assassination than hunting. :dontknow:
Then there are many that old school it-and just go out and fill the tag.

Had a hunt camp across from us-planted crops for the deer-built tree stands that were on power poles-3 flights of stairs to get up into them, had heaters, coolers, seats.
Each plot/stand had 3 camera set-ups to cover time when they came in.

Then the truck load of corn/apples deer feed by the skid load.
If a trophy was to be had-the meat went into somebodies freezer (local)

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess Tats would an experience then.:laughing7:
Have a nephew that did a 42+ hrs on the table getting inked. :dontknow:
Lol yeah that'd be something my pain tolerance isn't the best can't imagine that'd go well.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Indeed. I have a lot more regarding dental work to do I hate it but I'm not going to procrastinate and will get it done. I've learned the hard way enough to not let things go too long
Reads like sound hard won logic.
But hey , if you can go to the dentist , there is not much you can't do. If anything.

I still keep putting off going back to the dental implant place....
Any more change in the implant though , (bone not growing/adhering near the surface) I'll have to.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But hey , if you can go to the dentist , there is not much you can't do. If anything.

Any more change in the implant though , (bone not growing/adhering near the surface) I'll have to.
Yup I'd suggest not waiting because then things turn into much worse problems.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Alright, you kept it upright RC. :hello2:
In Ontario they use dogs, bait, film, time-sounds more like an assassination than hunting. :dontknow:
Then there are many that old school it-and just go out and fill the tag.

Had a hunt camp across from us-planted crops for the deer-built tree stands that were on power poles-3 flights of stairs to get up into them, had heaters, coolers, seats.
Each plot/stand had 3 camera set-ups to cover time when they came in.

Then the truck load of corn/apples deer feed by the skid load.
If a trophy was to be had-the meat went into somebodies freezer (local)
I'll plant some rye and or something next year.
Deer seem to know what they need when and where to go for it.
They hit ag. fields in the area more lately.
Part of that is in having distance around them.
Humans are predators. But through evolution deer that hit exposed areas at night could detect canines ect, in advance .
We have coyotes to keep them on thier toes.
But humans are similar.

My site allows a hide out when deer are pressured. Some brief browsing before hitting ag. fields after dark. Vs. being a night time destination.
As pressured has eased with waning hunter enthusiasm , they just bed down nearer the ag. fields.
Too in spring my site offers a spot for a doe to get a fawn established. IF the coyotes are not around. To me , fawns are the future recruits and forecast. Even those that disperse with age for the varied reasons they do.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

I had an unsuccessful implant put in on the bottom right. My dentist said no hard fillings.:laughing7:. so he just put a bridge in at 1/2 price. Happy with it. It’s something with bone growth when you get older.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone know what a raw yellow agate looks like. I picked up a rock that came up when the field was plowed just a bit ago. At first I thought it was just a nice chunk of quartz which I of course know is very common. But I cleaned it up and it's got a orangeish yellow color and my phones light passes into it lighting it up orange yellow like a lot of my small specimens of yellow agate show. Of course probably just a plain old quartz but would be nice if it was a good sized chunk of yellow agate. Hard to tell they all look a little different depending on where they are found.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone know what a raw yellow agate looks like. I picked up a rock that came up when the field was plowed just a bit ago. At first I thought it was just a nice chunk of quartz which I of course know is very common. But I cleaned it up and it's got a orangeish yellow color and my phones light passes into it lighting it up orange yellow like a lot of my small specimens of yellow agate show. Of course probably just a plain old quartz but would be nice if it was a good sized chunk of yellow agate. Hard to tell they all look a little different depending on where they are found.
I don’t know about rocks and minerals. If I like it I keep it. And display it.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t know about rocks and minerals. If I like it I keep it. And display it.
Lol same here I just know a few types of minerals from my area as I'm always on the lookout for any kinds of treasures. I just know if it isn't a regular quartz it will polish up really nice

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally found a flash light to get all the pictures I need to show my rock/mineral find. Probably a normal rock but my limited knowledge and keen eye to things different then what is normally around maybe just maybe it's a good sized agate.

Attachments

• 20211209_143531.jpg
    20211209_143531.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • 20211209_143549.jpg
    20211209_143549.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • 20211209_155131.jpg
    20211209_155131.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • 20211209_155143.jpg
    20211209_155143.jpg