THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning all, hope you all are doing good today. Pretty sure I have covid. Got a call from my friend yesterday her neighbor has it and we had all been hanging out and she as well sick. I just had a sore throat yesterday and got aches last night. Today feel mostly already better. Silly part the neighbor that spread it was fully vaxxed and was very sick. Meanwhile me and my friend not vaxxed have no issues. I'm already almost better after just a day. I no longer understand any of this anymore.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning all, hope you all are doing good today. Pretty sure I have covid. Got a call from my friend yesterday her neighbor has it and we had all been hanging out and she as well sick. I just had a sore throat yesterday and got aches last night. Today feel mostly already better. Silly part the neighbor that spread it was fully vaxxed and was very sick. Meanwhile me and my friend not vaxxed have no issues. I'm already almost better after just a day. I no longer understand any of this anymore.
Wait till tomorrow ... and the next day.

Be careful not to engage with others for a bit.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning John
Good to hear that you're better this morning.
It's a hard one for many to understand.
Fed one thing, but the results state otherwise. :dontknow:
I've had much worse colds. This morning just a slightly sore throat mostly gone and feeling almost normal beyond that. I still take the virus seriously mind you for awhile I'll stay away from people I know are at risk. But you can see some of the extremes being pushed on people to combat the virus are silly. Me and my friend got infected by someone fully vaccinated whom ended up way more sick than us. So just makes me feel a little sour on a few things. Mind you full respect for those with a different opinion on this than me.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait till tomorrow ... and the next day.

Be careful not to engage with others for a bit.
Trust me still staying away from people. Still have the respect not to spread it. It takes awhile to shed the virus. I live in the country lots of space for me to wonder and stay away from others

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've had much worse colds. This morning just a slightly sore throat mostly gone and feeling almost normal beyond that. I still take the virus seriously mind you for awhile I'll stay away from people I know are at risk. But you can see some of the extremes being pushed on people to combat the virus are silly. Me and my friend got infected by someone fully vaccinated whom ended up way more sick than us. So just makes me feel a little sour on a few things. Mind you full respect for those with a different opinion on this than me.
Close friend usually healthy as a horse started to have symptoms.
So he took the horse course and is on a quick course of recovery.
But that's a whole different horse of course.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trust me still staying away from people. Still have the respect not to spread it. It takes awhile to shed the virus. I live in the country lots of space for me to wonder and stay away from others
I am very curious as to how you will feeel tomorrow... one thing about this virus is its not like typical sicknesses... it does just come on then leave.... it comes on in stages.

I felt decent the second day as well... and now not so much... in fact i feel pretty lousy.
Each day has been varying symptoms from the day before.

Meaning i dont have the same things as yesterday

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Close friend usually healthy as a horse started to have symptoms.
So he took the horse course and is on a quick course of recovery.
But that's a whole different horse of course.
I just kept to my regular day. My walk, working out, always take vitamins. Been fine so far

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.

Prayers sent.

A virus's affect varies by individual.
And here is a highly virulent virus. A "virus's virus" in it's efficiency of spread.

I'm not confident that those vaxxed and ill, would be less ill if unvaxxed.
Or that those unvaxxed are better off when exposed.
Those with vulnerable health conditions , (known and unknown) and those simply with variance in immunity or response leading to worst reactions do seem better off having been vaxxed prior. ( The original concept of being vaccinated.)
Leading me back to....It varies in affect. As do other viruses.

What are the odds someone gets exposed? And what are the odds of severity level in reaction?

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am very curious as to how you will feeel tomorrow... one thing about this virus is its not like typical sicknesses... it does just come on then leave.... it comes on in stages.

I felt decent the second day as well... and now not so much... in fact i feel pretty lousy.
Each day has been varying symptoms from the day before.

Meaning i dont have the same things as yesterday
I suppose we shall see. I'll keep things updated

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Roger, Thanks for the link. Also if you scroll down the same page they have a study of the percent of people ending up in ICU unvaccinated versus vaccinated. A bit of an eye opener.
I scrolled through the link and had them send me an email of their findings vaccinated versus unvaccinated ending up in ICU. Now if you were are betting man or woman would you put your bucks on the left or the right side of the chart?
Screenshot 2022-01-13 at 11-28-24 A-study-on-COVID-vaccinated-vs-unvaccinated-that-required-ho...png

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gamble is like rolling the dice, unfortunately for many, it will come up snake eyes.

R.25f511d114e98a39c27f2d409df1ea52
In a sense yes but also no. I find it stupid for those clearly at risk and that don't take care of themselves not to get vaccinated. However for those with no risk and that are healthy you are not likely to have issues. There is a small chance yes but that's everything in life. End of story is the vaccines will not end the virus as they simply do not reduce transmission enough.

Last edited:

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I predicted Bama by 21 at first but I’m saying 17 now.
That didn't age well.

If you look at the season as a whole, the Georgia front seven overpowered everybody. But when they got to the SEC championship game, Alabama beat them with big plays. So what I think Kirby Smart should do is maybe sacrifice a LB and play a nickel package (5 DB's). That way they can play two deep zone and keep everything in front of them. I think the Georgia D-line and LB's are good enough to still slow down the Alabama run game. They might give up some yardage, but they won't give up the big plays.

That's my .02 about the X's and O's.
That did. Maybe Kirby should hire me as an assistant.

Alabama Is deep in talent at all positions.

Not making excuses but it’s hard to run if you don’t have receivers that are healthy.
Wait, so which is it?

Sounds like a typical Bama fan lame excuse to me.
Better luck next year.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a sense yes but also no. I find it stupid for those clearly at risk and that don't take care of themselves not to get vaccinated. However for those with no risk and that are healthy you are not likely to have issues. There is a small chance yes but that's everything in life. In of story is the vaccines will not end the virus as they simply do not reduce transmission enough
More so...

The Vaccine doesnt reduce transmission at all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread