THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

My wife is always trying to get me to eat them....ill tell her to try this trick and see if I like them....been trying to like them for at least 45 years.....yuck !!
Here's a recipe we steam them first before switching to the pan. Pretty straight forward.

Good morning all wishing you all a great day. To all those whom are sick still wish you all swift recoveries.
I feel good today so I'm calling myself recovers, but apparently no good day goes unpunished. I tend to be the person my friends lean on because I'm the sucker that cares and listens and this morning one of my good friends sisters is in the hospital with a major issue going on and my friend is super panicked and I'm the one she's talking to. Don't know why people think I'm the one to handle these things stresses me out to be honest but regardless not going to leave a friend in need hanging. Just makes me sad and stressed as I'm never sure if my words are the right ones.

Good morning all wishing you all a great day. To all those whom are sick still wish you all swift recoveries.
I feel good today so I'm calling myself recovers, but apparently no good day goes unpunished. I tend to be the person my friends lean on because I'm the sucker that cares and listens and this morning one of my good friends sisters is in the hospital with a major issue going on and my friend is super panicked and I'm the one she's talking to. Don't know why people think I'm the one to handle these things stresses me out to be honest but regardless not going to leave a friend in need hanging. Just makes me sad and stressed as I'm never sure if my words are the right ones.
Morning John
Great to hear you're on the mended side of things regarding the virus.
Yes I hear you on the words and if there the right ones.
After thoughts often of mine are "Should of said" doubts.....

Morning John
Can't figure out why I'm people's go to guy when I can't even help myself half the time. I find it stressful, of course I want to be there for my friends and those I care about but I'm not some knowledge filled person and I don't know everything. Though in these situations I feel super pressured to say the right things. Idk my anxiety mind putting more pressure on myself than I think there really needs to be. I understand why my friend is really scared for her sister though the situation is very bad and I just need her to be calm as her freaky out won't make her sister's situation better but worse in said situation.

Here's a recipe we steam them first before switching to the pan. Pretty straight forward.

Bill these are pretty good & ready in 5 minutes :)
017.JPG
016.JPG

Morning John
Can't figure out why I'm people's go to guy when I can't even help myself half the time. I find it stressful, of course I want to be there for my friends and those I care about but I'm not some knowledge filled person and I don't know everything. Though in these situations I feel super pressured to say the right things. Idk my anxiety mind putting more pressure on myself than I think there really needs to be. I understand why my friend is really scared for her sister though the situation is very bad and I just need her to be calm as her freaky out won't make her sister's situation better but worse in said situation
Bill these are pretty good & ready in 5 minutes :)View attachment 2003633View attachment 2003634
That looks interesting only ever had those made one way. May have to check that out.

Mornin all.
I had to jump ahead of reading all posts to be able to post before12:00 noon....
One minute left!

Might have froze a finger tip too long yesterday. It feels like it was burned, and has a red blister trying under the skin.
Or it's just a nerve agitated from riding the wheelchair hand rim in the cold?
Ah well. It's not black, and still attached.

Last edited:
Can't figure out why I'm people's go to guy when I can't even help myself half the time. I find it stressful, of course I want to be there for my friends and those I care about but I'm not some knowledge filled person and I don't know everything. Though in these situations I feel super pressured to say the right things. Idk my anxiety mind putting more pressure on myself than I think there really needs to be. I understand why my friend is really scared for her sister though the situation is very bad and I just need her to be calm as her freaky out won't make her sister's situation better but worse in said situation.

Maybe , folks are not leaning on you for your perfect words or incredible mind , as much as your sincerity of heart?

JVA can cope , then I can cope ; kind of stuff.
Just as sometimes a certain person puts you more at ease for no reason you can define except that it's how they affect you.

Regardless ,don't fret too much what you say when called on for moral support. It's you being called on at a deeper level. Just by being there ; even if only by phone/involved.

Sometimes, just being there as a kindred spirit makes a big difference.

Maybe , folks are not leaning on you for your perfect words or incredible mind , as much as your sincerity of heart?

JVA can cope , then I can cope ; kind of stuff.
Just as sometimes a certain person puts you more at ease for no reason you can define except that it's how they affect you.

Regardless ,don't fret too much what you say when called on for moral support. It's you being called on at a deeper level. Just by being there ; even if only by phone/involved.

Sometimes, just being there as a kindred spirit makes a big difference.
I know I just put pressure on myself and always want to do things right. Just my personality I guess

Mornin all.
I had to jump ahead of reading all posts to be able to post before12:00 noon....
One minute left!

Might have froze a finger tip too long yesterday. It feels like it was burned, and has a red blister trying under the skin.
Or it's just a nerve agitated from riding the wheelchair hand rim in the old?
Ah well. It's not black, and still attached.
Top of the day RC, be kind to the mitts, as they are the only ones you get.
I had a leather mitt with a wool type sock liner, this morning.
Nothing compared to the moose hide with the curly lamb pair.

Top of the day RC, be kind to the mitts, as they are the only ones you get.
I had a leather mitt with a wool type sock liner, this morning.
Nothing compared to the moose hide with the curly lamb pair.

Been a while since I owned the leather and lambswool woodchoppers.
They were good covering for wool gloves.

Today I carry cheap dollar a pair gloves in pockets.
Use insulated leather gloves to shovel snow.

Hand rims are what powers the chair. And dragging my grip on them provides braking and steering.
The wheel chair hand rims are about an inch from the tires. Wearing on coat sleeves and thumb palms of gloves.
But get snow in rims and wheels , and no more grip. And that gap holds snow to get caught on gloves or hands.
Condensation from going in and out of house wets the hand rims too. To freeze into a layer of ice if cold out. No more grip if gloves get lubed by it.

Stay dry is rule #1. Followed by insulation.
Grip/traction takes a rubber or similar glove. Which will wear quickly at friction points . And provide too much grip to let rims slide through hands..
I do use such for getting to the hunting blind in snow or slush.
Armpits or under my leg area warms fingers if noticed being too cold.
On stand they can be kept under coat bottom edge. Till heater is fired up. l.o.l..

Can't figure out why I'm people's go to guy when I can't even help myself half the time. I find it stressful, of course I want to be there for my friends and those I care about but I'm not some knowledge filled person and I don't know everything. Though in these situations I feel super pressured to say the right things. Idk my anxiety mind putting more pressure on myself than I think there really needs to be. I understand why my friend is really scared for her sister though the situation is very bad and I just need her to be calm as her freaky out won't make her sister's situation better but worse in said situation

That looks interesting only ever had those made one way. May have to check that out.
John, People tend to reach out to a sympathetic ear/shoulder during trying times. I tend to fall into that category quite often myself not sure if it's a blessing or a curse. Just be glad you have friends that hopefully will be there for you when your turn comes around.

Last edited:
It came up the other day about stinky blue cheese well I happen to love the stuff. We stopped by an Italian super market after lunch and they usually have good prices on cheese nearing their expiry date. Well they had a 5 oz chunk of blue stilton for $1.99 I'm tempted to make some toasted garlic bread with real garlic and smear the blue stilton on it and share it with ARC since he's a big fan of garlic.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

DSC04258.JPG

We had also bought a big bag of sweet peppers for $3.00 last week well there were 12 peppers in total so 25 cents each. 6 went into a casserole and as we speak I'm roasting up the other 6 which I'll peel and slice and mix them up with lots of garlic, olive oil and seasonings. Should be tasty one plus side of covid and the cold weather lots of time for cooking up some goodies.

DSC04253.JPG

Bart, A bit of a detecting workout might pump up your system a bit to fight off the virus better. Good luck!
Thats what I was hoping....the exercise was good....I got out of breath a few times while trapped and tangled in jungle....but that happens everytime!! Resting (upright), and eating now....didn't feel like eating but I'm forcing it !! And lots of orange juice and water !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back