THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning pirates! Things are getting better on this end. I hope everyone is getting better. I noticed there’s no Rookster posts. I pray he’s alright.

I will work on catching up with the thread a little now.

Oh, my raccoon report! I almost forgot. It’s road kill. Been driving by it for several days now. Nasty looking bugger.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I looked at our bank account online yesterday morning and noticed that I didn't get paid on Friday. Generac was shifting it's 72 Canadian-based employees from the pay system Ceridian, to the US system Dayforce last week and I thought there might be some glitches. Hopefully I'm the only one who wasn't paid. :laughing7:

I emailed our HR Dept. yesterday morning at 7am and the Department Manager responded almost immediately, so they likely anticipated some issues. I suggested in my email, that everything would be fine, just as long as my pay is in our bank account by end of day on Monday. :BangHead:
Morning Dave
That sucks not to paid on time. But the endless recorded message in the world is:

Thank you for calling.
Due to the high volume of calls, we have changed our menu options
This call will/maybe recorded for training purposes
Your call is of the upmost importance to us.
Due to the past/current/future pandemic COVID protocols we will ensure the upmost safety for our employees and customers.
Press#1 for english
press#2 for tech support
press#3 for customer service
press#4 for further options
Thank you for calling, due to the high volume of calls your call has been placed in sequence and the next available customer care agent will be with you shortly.
If you require immediate service please press the *key at anytime, that will connect you with one of our operators.
You have now reached our main menu, at anytime you can press the # key for more options.
Please press the *key at anytime, that will connect you with one of our operators.
Have a good day thank you for calling
A short 4 question survey will follow this call............;.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jim, I've pretty much given up on customer service over the phone. I send this an email and hope for the best.
So true, though I have been kind of surprised recently while trying to hook all the electronics in the home entertainment system.
The Denon amp manual-turned out to be on a CD-which has a PDF of 157 pages
Now seriously what male would read that-:BangHead:
So call tech support-get the call centre-and get a representative that puts you on hold while they escalate the all important matter. :dontknow:
Then after 3-4 repeating this the problem is answered and solved :headbang:

Now I am thinking either I'm just too male to read the 157 manual or just lonely in Hermitsville and need some bonding with the overseas call centre. :laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gonna have power outages............Fill your bathtubs so you can flush your toilets :headbang:
This is my suggestion whenever I hear someone say that Roger... :laughing7:

Attachments

• family-shot-2017-web.jpg
    family-shot-2017-web.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 13

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning pirates! Things are getting better on this end. I hope everyone is getting better. I noticed there’s no Rookster posts. I pray he’s alright.

I will work on catching up with the thread a little now.

Oh, my raccoon report! I almost forgot. It’s road kill. Been driving by it for several days now. Nasty looking bugger.
Good morning WD, glad to hear things are turning the 'covid corner' at your place.
How's your daughter feeling these days after her accident? :icon_scratch:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my suggestion whenever I hear someone say that Roger... :laughing7:
Thanks,Had a whole house Gen. for 20 years in upstate NY And only used it a couple times .And it was a SOB starting it ,even w/Elect. start.And I use to run it 15 minutes the 1st of every month.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Dave
That sucks not to paid on time. But the endless recorded message in the world is:

Thank you for calling.
Due to the high volume of calls, we have changed our menu options
This call will/maybe recorded for training purposes
Your call is of the upmost importance to us.
Due to the past/current/future pandemic COVID protocols we will ensure the upmost safety for our employees and customers.
Press#1 for english
press#2 for tech support
press#3 for customer service
press#4 for further options
Thank you for calling, due to the high volume of calls your call has been placed in sequence and the next available customer care agent will be with you shortly.
If you require immediate service please press the *key at anytime, that will connect you with one of our operators.
You have now reached our main menu, at anytime you can press the # key for more options.
Please press the *key at anytime, that will connect you with one of our operators.
Have a good day thank you for calling
A short 4 question survey will follow this call............;.
This is so true Jim... I just love the request for you to do a 'short 3min survey' after a 30 second phone call.
I always press the 'hell no' button option! :laughing7:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, Had a whole house Gen. for 20 years in upstate NY And only used it a couple times .And it was a SOB starting it ,even w/Elect. start.And I use to run it 15 minutes the 1st of every month.
I hear you Roger... and I promise not to go into my 'maintenance schedule' sales speech. It always happens though, when you buy it you never use it, but rest assured, you'll definitely need it if you don't buy it. :laughing7:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm about due for a new truck.Ch. out this TV commercial :) Interesting !
>> https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/ford-s-new-truck-can-power-your-home-for-days/vi-AAKdejG
Roger, I have a problem with these ads from Ford... talk about misleading advertising. :violent1:

Sure, the power output by these onboard generator options will provide enough power for 1 or 2 essential services/appliances in your home. But anyone who's owned at least a 7.2kW gen knows, these units are pretty limited when it comes to high-amperage 'start-up power' capabilities. :BangHead:

Screenshot 2022-01-16 at 08-37-46 New Truck Can Power Your Home for Days.png
Screenshot 2022-01-16 at 08-41-54 The New Ford F-150's Onboard Generator Can Power a Ridiculou...png

Ford states:
"Three different onboard generator systems are available. F-150s with conventional non-hybrid drivetrains get a 2.0-kW system, while hybrid trucks get upgraded to 2.4 kW or, optionally, a massive 7.2 kW of power, made possible by the hybrid's 48-volt lithium-ion battery pack. Ford claims that the top-spec 7.2-kW system can power a plasma cutter, TiG welder, chop saw, air compressor, angle grinder, and work light, simultaneously. That mobile welding shop can run for 32 hours continuously on a full tank, making all-day, heavy-duty work possible. If you don't need that much wattage, Ford says the 2.4-kW system can run a jackhammer or a mobile theater setup complete with a projector, loudspeakers, and popcorn machine for up to 85 hours.

Ford only expects about 10 percent of new F-150s will be hybrids, so it was important to offer Pro Power with the conventional drivetrains. That, Sultana says, was much more complicated. The standard 12-volt electrical architecture couldn't provide what they needed, so Sultana and her team designed a whole new 24-volt electrical system, using two conventional 12-volt batteries in addition to the standard battery. In addition to those batteries, Pro Power-equipped non-hybrid F-150s get a second alternator. Thus equipped, F-150s with the 2.7-liter EcoBoost V-6, 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6, or 5.0-liter V-8 can power a full tailgating setup with a TV, speakers, and a mini fridge."

Last edited:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just wondering what model do you own at you home to keep the family safe and sound?
I will be having my 22kW unit installed just as soon as I get paid Jim. :laughing7:

Attachments

• generac-home-generator_guardian-22kw_7042_hero.png
    generac-home-generator_guardian-22kw_7042_hero.png
    116 KB · Views: 9

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you Roger... and I promise not to go into my 'maintenance schedule' sales speech. It always happens though, when you buy it you never use it, but rest assured, you'll definitely need it if you don't buy it. :laughing7:
Down here all the powerlines are undergroun
Roger, I have such a problem with these ads from Ford... talk about misleading advertising. :violent1:

Sure, the power output by these onboard generator options will provide enough power for 1 or 2 essential services/appliances in your home. But anyone who's owned at least a 7.2kW gen knows, these units are pretty limited when it comes to high-amperage 'start-up power' capabilities. :BangHead:

Ford states... View attachment 2003821 View attachment 2003822 View attachment 2003823
"Three different onboard generator systems are available. F-150s with conventional non-hybrid drivetrains get a 2.0-kW system, while hybrid trucks get upgraded to 2.4 kW or, optionally, a massive 7.2 kW of power, made possible by the hybrid's 48-volt lithium-ion battery pack. Ford claims that the top-spec 7.2-kW system can power a plasma cutter, TiG welder, chop saw, air compressor, angle grinder, and work light, simultaneously. That mobile welding shop can run for 32 hours continuously on a full tank, making all-day, heavy-duty work possible. If you don't need that much wattage, Ford says the 2.4-kW system can run a jackhammer or a mobile theater setup complete with a projector, loudspeakers, and popcorn machine for up to 85 hours.

Ford only expects about 10 percent of new F-150s will be hybrids, so it was important to offer Pro Power with the conventional drivetrains. That, Sultana says, was much more complicated. The standard 12-volt electrical architecture couldn't provide what they needed, so Sultana and her team designed a whole new 24-volt electrical system, using two conventional 12-volt batteries in addition to the standard battery. In addition to those batteries, Pro Power-equipped non-hybrid F-150s get a second alternator. Thus equipped, F-150s with the 2.7-liter EcoBoost V-6, 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6, or 5.0-liter V-8 can power a full tailgating setup with a TV, speakers, and a mini fridge."
Well look at it like the first Flight at Kitty Hawk (they only did something like 150 feet):)
Who knows where this will go :)

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Roger, I have a problem with these ads from Ford... talk about misleading advertising. :violent1:

View attachment 2003821 View attachment 2003822 View attachment 2003823
Ford states:

Feeling threatened Dave by a pick up truck delivering what a generator can deliver? :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
Don't be as the ticket price for the Platinum model will be in ht $110-120K range.

5500watt generator will run 5 freezers, well pump, stove top, 2 side-by-side fridges, bar fridge, lights
The secret is a step loading of the devices.
The biggest drag is the cook top

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Down here all the powerlines are undergroun

Well look at it like the first Flight at Kitty Hawk (they only did something like 150 feet):)
Who knows where this will go :)

It certainly looks interesting Roger, but it's facts like this statement that I find mis-leading.

"Ford's 9.6Kw will power your entire house for 3 days."

But, what exactly will it power, just the electric lights or the entire 200amp fuse panel for the entire home including the appliances? Don't get me wrong Roger, this is a very innovative idea, but what Ford is neglecting to tell you are the limitations to what their generators can actually power. :icon_scratch:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Feeling threatened Dave by a pick up truck delivering what a generator can deliver? :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:
Don't be as the ticket price for the Platinum model will be in ht $110-120K range.

5500watt generator will run 5 freezers, well pump, stove top, 2 side-by-side fridges, bar fridge, lights
The secret is a step loading of the devices.
The biggest drag is the cook top

Jim, the only time I feel threatened these days is when my wife's asks me a question and I realize that I wasn't actually listening to her. :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread