THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At 18 I blew off 60% of the right hand. They pieced it back together using the right index from the wrist forward for parts. Still can feel it, knumb throbbed,tingling in the nerves, kind of like I got 3 of them.
Move the thumb/index and I feel the index. 15 operations in total and a whole lot of hurt.
Like I said pepper,sorry you had the hurt.My apology for making light of it.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Like I said pepper,sorry you had the hurt.My apology for making light of it.
After all these yrs it doesn't phase me.
It was a trip, when they say the endorphins kick in, it's a high.
I could never duplicate with synthetics.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
After all these yrs it doesn't phase me.
It was a trip, when they say the endorphins kick in, it's a high.
I could never duplicate with synthetics.
Tell you the truth I didn't even know that I had done it till my brother kind of clued me in. Then it was nearly 50 miles drive to the hospital.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got a call from one of my dealers in Castleton, ON yesterday. He told me. "that a guy who's clearing trees on his property lost his wedding ring on Monday in a foot of snow, asked me if I would come have a look for it." It's an hour drive from my house, so I'll make other dealer calls in the area after I search for the ring.

We had another 1 - 2" of snow last night, so this should be interesting. :laughing7:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 05-10-23 Google Maps.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 05-10-23 Google Maps.png
    287.4 KB · Views: 17

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Best of luck on the ring finding mission Dave.
It's going to be mild today at least.

Thanks Jim, I'm hoping it won't take too long, I'll give it about an hour.

Apparently, the guy went to Canadian Tire and bought a Bounty Hunter for $250 and looked for the ring. He told me, "he couldn't hear anything with the unit, it didn't make a sound when he passed it over the ground."
My first thought was... did you try putting in batteries. :laughing7:

I told him, "take the machine back and get a refund, I'll come and have a look for it." :thumbsup:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At 18 I blew off 60% of the right hand. They pieced it back together using the right index from the wrist forward for parts. Still can feel it, knumb throbbed,tingling in the nerves, kind of like I got 3 of them.
Move the thumb/index and I feel the index. 15 operations in total and a whole lot of hurt.
Same thing....me and my uncle used to play with pipe bombs back before 911. One day we were packing match heads into pipes....and BOOM !! We never found my uncles ring, and middle fingers.....they just vanished.....poof and there gone. Some piece of molten shrapnel hit me in the back and melted deep into my shoulder blade !! That was the last time I messed with real explosives.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning pirates!
Blimey! It be good to make role call!
Good morning, ARC, Antiquarian & Pepperj!
Top of the Morning WD
Great to see you make the call.
It's always nice to have a having a touch of class back on board the ship again in the early am.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a call from one of my dealers in Castleton, ON yesterday. He told me. "that a guy who's clearing trees on his property lost his wedding ring on Monday in a foot of snow, asked me if I would come have a look for it." It's an hour drive from my house, so I'll make other dealer calls in the area after I search for the ring.

We had another 1 - 2" of snow last night, so this should be interesting. :laughing7:
Dave, Good morning and good luck with the ring recovery. I managed 1 in the snow so it's doable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread