THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello peeps.... time to head west toward key wierd....I mean key west !! Taking a 58 footer, and the 43 foot fishing boat !! Bringing the excal, and EQX. Probably won't have time except for night missions.....but I will go at night !!
Funny thing is....I used to stay out till 2am at the bars in keywest....now I stay out till midnight at smathers beach detecting !! Just want one nice gold from keywest.....I've never scored gold in keywest....lots of others hitting it hard !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like watching these restoration videos while listening to an audiobook. This one is of an 1877 mechanical coin bank.

Im a reader and love reading in my spare time....I've just discovered audible books, and its doubled my reading....I can listen to a book while working, and then read one in the evening!!.....effective at doubling my learning capacity !!

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSC02101.JPG

DSC02102.JPG

DSC02103.JPG

DSC02104.JPG

DSC02105.JPG

DSC02106.JPG

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the oldest glass i have found... just the neck... 1500's i was told... and a rare "marble neck" rarely found...

Supposedly there was a clay marble or round rock that would be blown into the neck as it was being made... that acted like an automatic "stopper".

DSC02112.JPG

DSC02113.JPG

DSC02114.JPG
DSC02115.JPG

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you! I think I like the Paul Jones Whiskey the best. I am going to have to break out my laptop for bigger pics.
Well guess what... that one is the only one that has a crack.... in fact look close at picture you might see it... its a huge crack and has stayed together all this time.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The centre one is a turn mold wine bottle from the 1880-1890 era.
The lip and the bottom, shape, mirrored many that we dug from the ghost town digging and construction camp digging of the CPRail. Time period 1880-1885 construction in BC through the Rockies. Liking all of them though, brings back lots of memories.
The final estate sale had 600+bottle of this type in the root cellar. The executor of the estate got $600 for the entire lot.
Not really happy about that, but what can one do.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning everyone, as always wishing you all a great day. Also note I'm jealous of the old bottles. Hard to come by in California. I've only found one bottle dump and was only 1920s-1950s. I have really been wanting to find bottle to dig up but that's proven to allude me.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.

Cap'n showing empty bottles.... That figures . Sigh.

Freezing rain and rain.
Of course the Dr. the post office and veterinarian need visited.
Her royal indoors won't make it up into my truck.
Not wanting to ride in her vehicle but if she wants company for moral support , I will.
No idea other than dragging it , how to get the package she is mailing into the post office. (With my truck a wheelchair is in the bed I can use.)
Ahh well.
Eventually we'll all be home and off the ice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread