THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
it seems that the ticks are hungry little suckers this year.
Must be the wet that's keeping them around, as they tend to not be so prevalent in he dry hot summer.
Had one latched on at the belt line so it was just digging in to stay attached, little farker's body was the size of a pin head with legs.
Friends have been getting ticks off themselves it seems
The Max is doing Ok with his treatment of antibiotics-liking the probiotic treats.

I find it strange the vets can test the dog in hours if it has Lyme-her as people the medical world does a :hello:

I guess it's better to be a dog-get better care.
Good to hear about The Max. A couple of times , I have gotten inside my head because all three bites are taking a while to heal, especially the ones in my scalp. Just seems like it is taking too long.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20220704_165853.jpg

fantastic log yesterday......until i hit a large metal fastener of some sort. I pushed through it 3 times and destroyed my rip chain.....had to get through it, and did not want to destroy a new chain. Got through it without breaking the chain completely.....just blew some cutters off, and destroyed the rest. Damn nice flame grain mahogany !! When you can see that much figure through the rough chainsaw marks......you've cut a winner.
20220704_165849.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good to hear about The Max. A couple of times , I have gotten inside my head because all three bites are taking a while to heal, especially the ones in my scalp. Just seems like it is taking too long.
It seems that tick bites take a long time to heal.
The site can be there for months.
If a person is sensitive to insect bites then it will take longer.
I have one spot where I flares up, the itchiness is insane. The bite is 3 yrs or more now..

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 2035223
fantastic log yesterday......until i hit a large metal fastener of some sort. I pushed through it 3 times and destroyed my rip chain.....had to get through it, and did not want to destroy a new chain. Got through it without breaking the chain completely.....just blew some cutters off, and destroyed the rest. Damn nice flame grain mahogany !! When you can see that much figure through the rough chainsaw marks......you've cut a winner. View attachment 2035224
Morning Bart
Great looking piece of wood.
I heard somewhere that one of those metal detecting devices can detect things in wood.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 2035223
fantastic log yesterday......until i hit a large metal fastener of some sort. I pushed through it 3 times and destroyed my rip chain.....had to get through it, and did not want to destroy a new chain. Got through it without breaking the chain completely.....just blew some cutters off, and destroyed the rest. Damn nice flame grain mahogany !! When you can see that much figure through the rough chainsaw marks......you've cut a winner. View attachment 2035224
Gorgeous!

It's understood you can't be too picky on acquired wood...

The stuff I've seen in /on some trees would frighten any saw.
There's a red oak in the back yard that the previous owner left a lag bolt it. It's out of sight now.
Spotted a large link sized chain in a tree about twenty feet off the ground before. Fencing wire. Nails. Bullets. Rocks inside hollows.

A guy who used to buy saw logs told me he tries to avoid any near a residence past or prior. Too many ruined blades.

Your plank was worth a chain though!

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some sort of military training or something going on out here. Like 5 loud military jets where flying around circling the area. Silver color under and when they go just right in the sunlight makes them almost invisible. The weird stuff you sew when you live in the middle of nowhere.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2035223
Nice. Beautiful grain.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some sort of military training or something going on out here. Like 5 loud military jets where flying around circling the area. Silver color under and when they go just right in the sunlight makes them almost invisible. The weird stuff you sew when you live in the middle of nowhere.
Interesting. Keep us posted of any more happenings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• ARC