THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
I was just telling my boss about my excitement of finding the knights pendant, and explaining how it could have been on his horses bridle to show it was his etc, having ridden horses all my life it just love it and got quite misty eyed with emotion….. his response… “oh so like a number plate on a car you mean?” crushed and a little bit heart broken I ended the call. 😔😂😂😂

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yup....glad I wasn't there.
Years ago I was detecting in the High Park ravines I Toronto.
I smelt that sweet smell of death odor.
I looked down at the bottom of the ravine where a small creek was running through.
On a little raised section there was a body that looked like a baby.
I really didn't want to see this, yet I had to know for sure.
It was laying on its back, couldn't see the head as it was flopped over the rise.
I started down the steep bank, sliding, shovel driven into the bank for a brake.
1/2 way down I started to get doubts of this is going to really Frig the mind up-should I just leave, call it in.
No if it turned out to be a plastic doll or something I would be a fool.
So I threw the emotions into a compartment, steeled up the thoughts, and carried on.
Reaching the wet bottom of the ravine and puddle hopping onto dry sections of earth I managed to get 20 ft away, then I saw what it was.
A large cat that had lost all its fur, bloated up, all pinkish grey.
I went no further to look, that was enough trauma for the day.
Still it rented space up there 15 yrs later.
Have seen dead before but to come across something like this was not a good one, as it was too real.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20220809_101146.jpg
PILE IT HIGH BABY !! Time for another box.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20220809_101539.jpg
this one won't close anymore....trying to hit it extra hard.....I switched to a full face mask....the snorkel starts to hurt and chafe/bruise the inside of my mouth after 4 hours in the ocean.....full face mask 4-6 hours in the water no problem.....at that point I'm starting to look like beef jerky.....salt water starts to brine me like a salted cod !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carnelian / orange agate
I got that box at an estate sale.....after 4 days no one even made an offer. When I worked estate sales I would often take stuff like this home free !! I got 3 boxes like this with different stones !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So...the important thing for me right now is .....where is the next gold ring located.....which swim hole will be best candidate for a hunt, and have the other hunters got there yet ? I have one to the south that I'm in a duel with a other hunter....I get underwater and see the fan marks and dig spots. But I think I slid in there ahead of him last week, and I might be able to beat him to the punch today. I know at least 2 guys hit the sand bar and one of them goes on tuesday....he's a scooper. Then there's a couple virgins.....the Marriott is right across the street and has never been hit.....it private. But I could kyak up to the swim hole and hit it from the water....maybe ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread