THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Evan in CA

Dec 4, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a treasure hunt I can work at now. Supposedly this house that was torn down on my uncles property was around since like 1910. So therefore there should be a outhouse pit somewhere and that means old bottles if I can find it. Problem is I have no idea how to go about that and the ground around here ain't the softest of stuff up here in the hills. The rain so far gave me about 7 inches soft dirt but still not enough to make it very easy to look for that.
You need a rod to probe the gound

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need a rod to probe the gound
I don't think it'd work here. After about 7 inches the ground is hard. I need more rain out here before it'd really be an option. I knew that method just doesn't work in this ground until there have been a few good rains

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a treasure hunt I can work at now. Supposedly this house that was torn down on my uncles property was around since like 1910. So therefore there should be a outhouse pit somewhere and that means old bottles if I can find it. Problem is I have no idea how to go about that and the ground around here ain't the softest of stuff up here in the hills. The rain so far gave me about 7 inches soft dirt but still not enough to make it very easy to look for that.
How's the sniffer?

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't win when it comes to trying to find somewhere to metal detect. Found the old church that is over 100 years old. It's been converted into a house but of course gated no way to ask permission. Though I hate the whole permission asking thing as I get super nervous and most times chicken out anyways lol

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
well, I will tell you what I have been told and what I have observed. Let it be noted that I have not found one on the farm, yet.

Told:
Approximately 50 feet from the house.
There may be a drain pipe. (I had found a big drain pipe. Got tired of digging and reburied it. Now I am thinking it may lead me to the outhouse so I have been trying to find it again with my detector.)

Observed:
Neighbor still has out house and it is right next to the house. I don’t think it is 50feet away

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, I will tell you what I have been told and what I have observed. Let it be noted that I have not found one on the farm, yet.

Told:
Approximately 50 feet from the house.
There may be a drain pipe. (I had found a big drain pipe. Got tired of digging and reburied it. Now I am thinking it may lead me to the outhouse so I have been trying to find it again with my detector.)

Observed:
Neighbor still has out house and it is right next to the house. I don’t think it is 50feet away
Dug into a few spots with indentations no luck, dug in a spot I find iron scrap on top ground was super hard there so didn't get too far with that. No luck for me thus far

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probe....works every time....long steel rod.....nice to have a handle on it if possible.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well got a permission today that had an old house on it too overgrown though and tin roofing all over. Pulled some sort of junk ring from under a clothes line. Though uneventful. No luck for me.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1259601720.jpg
    Snapchat-1259601720.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Snapchat-154595346.jpg
    Snapchat-154595346.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Snapchat-52994090.jpg
    Snapchat-52994090.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 11

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well it's 24 hrs of these terrible lake effect snow storms they've been forecasting for my area.
Expecting a foot or more this morning and now I can actually see (daylight) because it's was a clear star twinkling sky when I got up.
Some snow flakes actually.
Now if one looks REALLY CAREFULLY the little white dots in the over enhanced photo will show a few snowflakes.
20221119_072914.png

So paint the canvas all with the same colour-doom and gloom sells the headlines.
Paint the screen red-WARNING!
Screen Shot 2022-11-19 at 7.31.36 AM.png

So the Pepper will wait, with plow ready, winter tires on, full tank of gas, shovels, snow blower.
Might just say frig. it and think about going detecting in a few days.

old texan

Sep 8, 2021
smack dab in the heart of texas
Detector(s) used
white's classic II white's dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's 24 hrs of these terrible lake effect snow storms they've been forecasting for my area.
Expecting a foot or more this morning and now I can actually see (daylight) because it's was a clear star twinkling sky when I got up.
Some snow flakes actually.
Now if one looks REALLY CAREFULLY the little white dots in the over enhanced photo will show a few snowflakes.
View attachment 2055993
So paint the canvas all with the same colour-doom and gloom sells the headlines.
Paint the screen red-WARNING!
View attachment 2055994
So the Pepper will wait, with plow ready, winter tires on, full tank of gas, shovels, snow blower.
Might just say frig. it and think about going detecting in a few days.
mornin pep - from looking at radar it looks like the heavier snow stayed south of you - good - you don't need that 5 ft stuff - we have a small chance of wintry mix - i'm thinking about burning a brush pile

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread