THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
mornin pep - from looking at radar it looks like the heavier snow stayed south of you - good - you don't need that 5 ft stuff - we have a small chance of wintry mix - i'm thinking about burning a brush pile
Morning old texan
So true-when the totals get big it's a case where does one pile it up.
Kind of like getting all the winter all at once-then having to deal with it.

In 1999 in Toronto over a 2 week period we got 46 inches of snow.
It was crazy as I was filling 40yrd bins up out of the scrap yard just to keep open.

Nothing like sliding open the 12ft solid steel panel doors at the back and seeing a 5-6ft drift of snow for 15ft.
It's one of those oh crap moments where the dig down deep and get it done happens.
The skid steers were handy as we could be down to wet bare pavement by 10am-receiving customers again.

Kind of thinking the season is over for those south of me. YIKES!

"Nearly 6 feet of snow has fallen across portions of western New York – numbers considered historic for the area, the National Weather Service said.

The town of Natural Bridge, just east of Watertown, has recorded 70.9 inches Saturday morning, which is just shy of 6 feet. Watertown has seen 57.4 inches over the last two days

old texan

Sep 8, 2021
smack dab in the heart of texas
Detector(s) used
white's classic II white's dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning old texan
So true-when the totals get big it's a case where does one pile it up.
Kind of like getting all the winter all at once-then having to deal with it.

In 1999 in Toronto over a 2 week period we got 46 inches of snow.
It was crazy as I was filling 40yrd bins up out of the scrap yard just to keep open.

Nothing like sliding open the 12ft solid steel panel doors at the back and seeing a 5-6ft drift of snow for 15ft.
It's one of those oh crap moments where the dig down deep and get it done happens.
The skid steers were handy as we could be down to wet bare pavement by 10am-receiving customers again.

Kind of thinking the season is over for those south of me. YIKES!

"Nearly 6 feet of snow has fallen across portions of western New York – numbers considered historic for the area, the National Weather Service said.

The town of Natural Bridge, just east of Watertown, has recorded 70.9 inches Saturday morning, which is just shy of 6 feet. Watertown has seen 57.4 inches over the last two days
wow - crazy - well i'm off to burn something - have a good one

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20221119_100027.jpg
20221119_100048.jpg
20221119_100112.jpg

Half of a small bar of.....?.?.?.? Something ? Has coral on it !! There might be marks !!
20221119_100032.jpg

Attachments

• 20221119_100032.jpg
    20221119_100032.jpg
    721.5 KB · Views: 7

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Morning all.
Somewhere around 14-16vinches of snow so far. Today is supposed to be 6-12 more.
About an inch of glass showing on the truck rear windows top edge.
I should clear the snow off it. But it'll just get more snow on it.

Used one of my "crate" hatchets to bust ice the storm door was scrubbing on too hard last night.
About time to do it again.
Roof eve drips onto the ramp platform there.
The attic is well insulated , but having the heat near seventy means it leaks out the door I'm in and out a lot and melting the snow above. A cause and effect fun thing.

Did plow the road yesterday. Too soft underneath as snow insulated the not frozen ground. Maybe that helped level some of the rough spots.
Being more exposed last night after being cleared should help firm it up. Though it's getting covered well again now.

Creaky ship? Good. Thought it was my tired joints getting louder!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning pirates and piratess! Too cold and windy for fishing, so we are bait shop hopping. Hope you are all having a good day.
Good day WD
I will wait with baited breath for your return.
(Now that PJ has baited breath)
That poor buzzard

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good day everyone :hello:
Cold wind blowing=Some hearty turkey vegetable soup.
Then again for those Ca. folks hot soup isn't required-cold something would be on the mind.
Gee that first one went down so well<I thinking I'z will have another bowl full.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• ARC