THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning, pirates AND piratesses!!!!!

I know! I know! Iā€™m late. Well itā€™s morning somewhere!

So my ex-boss had me take the company truck to the dealership to get worked on. He had a scheduled a dentist appointment at nearly the same time. I used to get paid for that. Now itā€™s just,ā€helping your husband out.ā€ What crapola. Then, I had to drive back home, switch vehicles and get to my dads. I didnā€™t find anything I couldnā€™t live without. So now itā€™s time to make supper.

Oh yes, I, too, have Smokey skies and campfire smells. Need some rain!

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got this STHIL chainsaw for free yesterday. My uncle couldn't get it to start so let me have it. It's a little bit older but I like these older ones better than some of the newer ones. Should be able to get it going generally with these if they won't start its minor issue like the carb got rattled and needs to be readjusted or is gunked up. Worse case I can't get it started and oh well. If I do get it started these are good saws and not cheap even older ones.

Attachments

• 20230606_115137.jpg
    20230606_115137.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was recently given one too!! Funny though, it ran when I got it then I cleaned it up and replaced the damaged primer bulb and now I can't get it to start!! View attachment 2087652
They can be fussy. It's often little issues that make them not start. I've dealt with them for years when I used to work on my families almond orchard. We used tons of them and always had to do work on them as almond wood is rough on saws

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
No start on the tryke.
Her royal indoors decided to go out on the deck and yell at the dumb dog she brought out to hold still after getting it's foot caught.
To heck with playing with the tryke a while.
I'm waiting to get an electrical poke or something; and she's masking intermittent panic noises. l.o.l..

Might have lost the golf cart. Or....maybe it's out back somewhere...? Want it to haul tools tomorrow when things are quieter.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
No start on the tryke.
Her royal indoors decided to go out on the deck and yell at the dumb dog she brought out to hold still after getting it's foot caught.
To heck with playing with the tryke a while.
I'm waiting to get an electrical poke or something; and she's masking intermittent panic noises. l.o.l..

Might have lost the golf cart. Or....maybe it's out back somewhere...? Want it to haul tools tomorrow when things are quieter.
When you get all that worked out, could you put a new starter on my 4-wheeler?
Please.
1686085968508.gif

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am off. ... gotta get horizontal.
G night you T-nettian scallywaggians...
You guys made / make this the best thread of TreasureNet because its home to the best people of TreasureNet.

Anyway,,, blah blah.... UM AND NO !! ... that does not mean its ok to raid the rum room. :P

C u n a.m

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning, pirates AND piratesses!!!!!

I know! I know! Iā€™m late. Well itā€™s morning somewhere!

So my ex-boss had me take the company truck to the dealership to get worked on. He had a scheduled a dentist appointment at nearly the same time. I used to get paid for that. Now itā€™s just,ā€helping your husband out.ā€ What crapola. Then, I had to drive back home, switch vehicles and get to my dads. I didnā€™t find anything I couldnā€™t live without. So now itā€™s time to make supper.

Oh yes, I, too, have Smokey skies and campfire smells. Need some rain!

Being here , and you W.D.'s are there....
Lemme help.

You no longer punching the clock means restitution has to come in the form of the former boss doing you a favor in exchange. Like wearing the apron to fix supper and or at least dish and kitchen clean after.
Yep. Ummhmmm that's how it works.
He's lucky his truck didn't drag you over to load something expensive into it or on it's hitch on the way home...

Lessehere...
It's 9:15 P.M..
I did dishes....yesterday I think.
Put two large chicken pot pies (now , don't get excited , they really don't contain any pot) in the oven around 9. Forgot when already , but did remember to set a timer.
That will bring supper( or dinner depending on your argument) to around 10.
Must be she doesn't see any favor needing returned in the kitchen department.
I did offer her frozen (commercial too!) fish instead. giving her the chance to intervene in finding/preparing/scrounging(?) something to eat.
(I'd have had frozen shrimp for myself if she'd have gone with fish.)
I'll butter a couple pieces of Hillbilly bread and call it a meal when the timer goes off to allow the brief few minutes stand time of the pies while I butter.
Fancy stuff!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Having lunch the other day at the dock. All the fish protecting their nests were going crazy.
Then this guy goes swimming past.
Interesting bits where they spawn, bits of brick.
View attachment 2087694
Our bass season starts roughly after bass spawn.
Bass spawn before bluegill. At least in a giver water body per temps.
multiple times while noting cruising bass in the shallows (patrolling more than using warmest water as they did prespawn, though bass can be seen cruising warmer surface water in deep water later too) I've caught bass attacking bluegills. Spa-looosh!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Being here , and you W.D.'s are there....
Lemme help.

You no longer punching the clock means restitution has to come in the form of the former boss doing you a favor in exchange. Like wearing the apron to fix supper and or at least dish and kitchen clean after.
Yep. Ummhmmm that's how it works.
He's lucky his truck didn't drag you over to load something expensive into it or on it's hitch on the way home...

Lessehere...
It's 9:15 P.M..
I did dishes....yesterday I think.
Put two large chicken pot pies (now , don't get excited , they really don't contain any pot) in the oven around 9. Forgot when already , but did remember to set a timer.
That will bring supper( or dinner depending on your argument) to around 10.
Must be she doesn't see any favor needing returned in the kitchen department.
I did offer her frozen (commercial too!) fish instead. giving her the chance to intervene in finding/preparing/scrounging(?) something to eat.
(I'd have had frozen shrimp for myself if she'd have gone with fish.)
I'll butter a couple pieces of Hillbilly bread and call it a meal when the timer goes off to allow the brief few minutes stand time of the pies while I butter.
Fancy stuff!
Welllllll that ainā€™t gonna happen! But now that I think about it, I have been on the hunt for a new truck for myself. Maybe heā€™s making me work for it. FWIW, he started the new vehicle talk last summer.

You eat late ! Occasionally I get a hankering for chicken pot pie. What I really miss are the cookā€™n bag Salisbury steaks. Havenā€™t seen them around here for years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions