THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The little, $hit
20230606_204612.jpg

Bamasteve

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2022
Very far north of where I’d rather be
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 400
Garrett carrot
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Pro-find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our bass season starts roughly after bass spawn.
Bass spawn before bluegill. At least in a giver water body per temps.
multiple times while noting cruising bass in the shallows (patrolling more than using warmest water as they did prespawn, though bass can be seen cruising warmer surface water in deep water later too) I've caught bass attacking bluegills. Spa-looosh!
Do y’all have smallmouth or large mouth up there?
Bass not women, we all know all women are loud mouth!!!!🤣😂🤪

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Do y’all have smallmouth or large mouth up there?
Bass not women, we all know all women are loud mouth!!!!🤣😂🤪
Both.
They can overlap , but smallies usually inhabit cleaner and colder water.
We have older classification lakes with largemouth. Some of the slower older rivers too.
But have younger (type more than actual age) waters smallies do good in.
And they can be in the great lakes to.
(Some areas super for them.)

Didn't weight or measure my biggest smallie. Dad took it home to eat. Came out of a lake with largemouth , and I didn't expect it.
Easy to claim it was around 6 pounds.
My biggest largemouth recalled weighed was around 5.5.

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm always getting tips and clues and leads to check out from my friends and acquaintances. So I had an Iraq war veteran come and give me a very specific X on a map....the claim, and I believe it 100% is that he found 3 large gold spanish money chain links !! This was large long 10+foot chains the spanish dons an nobility would have made to carry there wealth tax free from the New world to Europe. Coinage and bullion was taxed so the wealthy made jewelry to avoid taxation on there return to the old world. So this close friend takes my phone and puts a mark in my Google earth treasure files !! This guy has multi digit combat kills and several from close hand to hand.....he is not into treasure, and he does not lie. He told me he picked them up and immediately thought of me, and knew I would probably be the only guy that might be able to get to this most remote of island locations !! So I immediately pass the info on to my bahamian friends who I trust and can check the spot !! Well this one is closer to Cuba than Florida and no one has gotten to it yet....

Now for the crazy sh.t......I have played with Google earth from the day it was available to the public. I've made great discoveries time, and time again by observing the changing conditions of the islands and there surrounding waters.....I have hundreds of wrecks that I've discovered from space.....and now a brand new one !! 230 feet from a known gold treasure piece is what can only be described as an incredible ship wreck recently exposed from sand erosion and now visible on some sat imagery.....im cross checking this with other sat imagery sites, and my God man !! This is incredible, here it is !!
Screenshot_20230606_195616_Maps.jpg

Dropped pin to the left is known spanish gold !! Pin to the right is definitely a shipwreck in very shallow water, and very similar in position, condition, and sand coverage to the "baltic" in eluthera. Watching Google for years, and waiting for those updated pics is what it's about.....every update I check the surrounding waters to see if they've changed.....there's been a big change here and a shipwreck has been briefly uncovered....it may be resanded on the next image update. This one will shoot to the top of the check list now.....and maybe I can get back with fuel funds to go check this one.....arrangements are being made !! This is a good one !! Im overwhelmed with excitement !!
Screenshot_20230606_195632_Maps.jpg

Zoom in on the first image....thats a wreck for sure !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe wreckage from a galleon on the bank actually made it all the way to andros, and this may have some bearing on the name....there are many gold key, cays, and rocks !! I wonder about name origins for all of them. One down here in the Florida keys has had the name removed from modern charts, and gold key is only known to a few of us from older map sources !! Most keys, cays, islands, and rocks get there namesake from past events and history, so anything with a gold connotation is worth a check !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions