Seems that the treasure coins from the 1733 fleet are finally having a bit of a revival.....just saw a much poorer example of the pillar dollar I ware for sale at 7500$ in a simple mount like mine. Next to it was a square cobb like many that I've found, and it was an impressive 5200$
As I live with my treasure, it starts to become apparent what the true value of these last run cobbs truly are......its been years of waiting just to see 1733 pieces that are similar for sale.....there's just not alot of examples !! I can't imagine what a 1732 dated cobb in great condition is really worth.......thats the last run of cobbs, and some times the date didn't make it on the piece !! So I'm blessed to have both......the first year milled dollar 1732, and the last year dated cobb coin 1732 both produced in the same mint at the same time !!
View attachment 2104647View attachment 2104648
So it will be this crazy square 1732 dated transitional klipp cobb (as some call it) will be my next mount. I worked hard this summer to find enough modern gold to get it done, and a few diamonds to add into the piece !! This coin absolutely would top what I saw for 5200$ so its a no Brainer !! Woooo hoooo !!