It seems that the last few days the world has revolved around food-getting food delivered 225 lbs, and today was picking up.
Yesterday was shrink wrapping nuts, seeds for the freezer.
When buying in bulk it's a way of keeping freshness to a higher level.
Then when it comes to longterm storage its best to deal with the fragile commodity.
So 6 hrs of steady repackaging putting flour/sugar/salt/spices/dried fruits in the pantry.
Rainy day baking coming up, make some Xmas/winter time comfort treats.
Though we got shorted in our butter order (miscommunication) we have less than we want-but we might try a direct order and see what happens.
50lb block then wire cut it into 1 pound squares.
Will do a split between a few friends-if I do the cutting up and wrapping.
Today was a run for local Spelt flour, 10 chickens, and 14 lbs of cheese 29 packages of 7 different raw milk cheese.
The Mrs stated the freezers are getting full-oh ya!
Next year I would like to keep a Jennie and a Gobbler for breeding.
Oh! Really? They'll be living in the barn-still working on that one dear.
Great news! One of my black hens that I got for my birthday has decided to go Broody. Cranky and one better be wearing gloves to go near her pecking range.
I gave her 4 more eggs-no thank you-just 20 stern pecks-no loving there, thankful they were insulated.
Still felt it, but she tucked those eggs under herself faster than a pickpocket working the subway car.
So the first week of Dec I have the Mrs Pepper's BD present all picked out.

First eggs will be in the beginning of May (That's if they're hens) Roosters might be freezer time.