THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning, everyone. I must not have slept enough -- I first posted good morning in the random *picture* thread. I have since realized my error and deleted that one. Ugh. I need some coffee.
Lol I've made that kind of mistake once before too glad I'm not the only one

A cheaper version was used in the late sixties early seventies.
i'm not remembering who tey were aquired from. Insurance co. feathured on your piece. Mayne State Farm sent them to customers that I saw the key fobs used by?
They looked like a miniature license plate with cheap metal around thier edge.
Alright , I'm seeing mention the D.A.V. made at least some.

Yours might be late 30's early 40's?

Not sure could be those years. The dig stuff from the the 20s to now on that lake bed. Lots of 60s and 70s pull tabs, lots of 20s-50s ammo related stuff, random trash from all over the time scale in those periods lol. Could be from any of the times that come up there. Definitely not junky metal anything junk this late corroded into dust. Zinc pennies are just tiny scraps when I find them even wheaties suffer serious degradation.

Well I am going to see if I can accomplish something productive before the battery discharges once again.
Me and the Mrs have been fighting something for the last 10 days and it's really a suck when there's things to get done.
If anything the Max has really stepped up his game plan-just talking/playing/acting goofy.

Now he was acting strange last night-woke up shortly after bed-there he was behind the curtain biting it-let him into the other room thinking he had to go out-nope proceeded to start biting the other curtains. :dontknow::laughing7:

Bad dream-medication making the mind crazy?

Let him out and he ate some snow covered grass-burped-all was good.

Not sure could be those years. The dig stuff from the the 20s to now on that lake bed. Lots of 60s and 70s pull tabs, lots of 20s-50s ammo related stuff, random trash from all over the time scale in those periods lol. Could be from any of the times that come up there. Definitely not junky metal anything junk this late corroded into dust. Zinc pennies are just tiny scraps when I find them even wheaties suffer serious degradation.
Must be some real alkaline soils in your area, to be eating up the finds.

Forgot I found these in a puddle in the drained lake. Probably junk I know nothing of sunglasses. 1 of 4 pairs I picked up this one is in the best condition.

Attachments

• 20231130_092517.jpg
    20231130_092517.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
  • 20231130_092528.jpg
    20231130_092528.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • 20231130_092911.jpg
    20231130_092911.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • 20231130_093006.jpg
    20231130_093006.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
Probably more for boating these ones are. They have a yellow tint to them when you wear them
Good for driving on black top highways when it's raining.
The yellow tint eliminates the headlight glare.
Slightly illegal to wear enhanced lenses in some provinces.
I guess they don't make any money when folks arrive safe and sound. :laughing7:

Cool! I like your helper. I haven’t thought about the MacFarlane sports figured for ages. I have a few dozen of them. Is that Larry Fitzgerald?
Emmitt Smith. He was a Cardinal for 1 year. Jerry Rice was a Raider for on year They didn't want to retire. McFarlane lot from Goodwill.

100_4042.JPG

100_4089.JPG

!
Ouch. Wear gloves. Don't go barefoot. And don't eat mug pies there!

Sorry Bart.
I'm just cranky from no nap again.
Dentist. And while I was out running the roads I escaped the crazy city end stuff and headed North to do some Christmas shopping I should have done weeks ago.

Weather change slammin gears tonight (daybreak area) and crap piling up allegedly tomorrow meant shop today.
Would rather be watching to see what deer do this evening.
Ahh well. Maybe tomorrow if the roads aren't too bad and Ikeep up shoveling.
Crap , forgot to buy a snow shovel for the hunting blinds ramp.
I can swipe one from the ramp at home though. The one for the concrete beyond , or approach from below direction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back