THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Well yesterday’s snow resulted in a random event in the life and times of Blossom… 😆

You may or not know it feed the birds religiously every day.. and my neighbour hates it nd scares them off whenever he can….😞

I must have about 40 Feral Pigeons down every day… yesterday i noticed one was looking very sorry for itself just sitting on my shed… so left the door open incase he wanted to come in… he choose not to so i shut the door nd wished him well.

About 4pm knock at my door.. there was my neighbour holding little pige.. said “we found him in our garden.. he is alive.. but not working.. “

Oh my days… I nearly cried.. this man who i have been at war with for 2 years over feeding the birds.. actually brought this little one to me…!!

I took him in, thanked him so much, and the pige is now happily sitting in the living room with a bowl of snax and water… nd im hoping he makes it thru…!!
I still cant quite believe it! 😳 xx

IMG_0196.jpeg

Well yesterday’s snow resulted in a random event in the life and times of Blossom… 😆

You may or not know it feed the birds religiously every day.. and my neighbour hates it nd scares them off whenever he can….😞

I must have about 40 Feral Pigeons down every day… yesterday i noticed one was looking very sorry for itself just sitting on my shed… so left the door open incase he wanted to come in… he choose not to so i shut the door nd wished him well.

About 4pm knock at my door.. there was my neighbour holding little pige.. said “we found him in our garden.. he is alive.. but not working.. “

Oh my days… I nearly cried.. this man who i have been at war with for 2 years over feeding the birds.. actually brought this little one to me…!!

I took him in, thanked him so much, and the pige is now happily sitting in the living room with a bowl of snax and water… nd im hoping he makes it thru…!!
I still cant quite believe it! 😳 xx

View attachment 2118567
A lot of birds fly into window glass. They get confused when they see the reflections. Many do not survive it, due to brain bleeding. Yours may have a different issue. I hope it pulls through. I’m glad your neighbor stepped up.

A lot of birds fly into window glass. They get confused when they see the reflections. Many do not survive it, due to brain bleeding. Yours may have a different issue. I hope it pulls through. I’m glad your neighbor stepped up.
Window stencils/decals, some are even ultraviolet (birds see it).
We have a decal on most of the windows and it really cut down on the hits/crashes over the years.
Now it still happens but rarely instead of often.
Some are from a flee crash where a bird of prey comes into the area and the others fly off.

When a bird hits the glass but still is alive, dip the beak into water (even on the finger tip) this shocks the bird.
(waterboarding the bird :icon_scratch:)
It will snap out of the coma and will fly off after a bit if nothing is broken.
We've saved many this way over the years,

I did :headbang: I'll post a few pics shortly. Found a few :icon_scratch: too. No gold like some others tho :tongue3:
Hey my gold from my site came from like 6 outing of failing to get gold and by now like 500 or more holes which I'm glad the school hasn't kicked me out yet lol. Like bags of trash and probably found close to 50 dollars of change now lol

Last edited:
That looks very chilly to me, but as always beautiful xx
I was kind of glad we just had a dash of snow, if I'd taken the weather report to heart I would of put the plow on yesterday, got wet, and for nothing.
Hoping that mother nature earth still stored in the soils will melt it quickly.

Great looking bottle Bart
I really love the link site as it really has the most information on so many different topics regarding any bottles.
You need to add your recovery of Y8 to the listing.

Great looking bottle Bart
I really love the link site as it really has the most information on so many different topics regarding any bottles.
You need to add your recovery of Y8 to the listing.
Kinda cool to read everybody's comments, and what a history write up !!

Kinda cool to read everybody's comments, and what a history write up !!
I don't really get to find stuff that old so it's cool to at least get to see someone else's finds. Awesome stuff that you find always looking forward to what you have to show next that you've found

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Latest Discussions

Back