THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

1702218885292.jpeg

I want to duplicate this guitar sound hole... crystals were falling off.... With this tape, I believe is what it had. How the hell do you tape a round hole with straight tape? I know there is a joke in that statement!

View attachment 2119480

View attachment 2119481

For two tone parts or just where paint needed to be stopped with larger tape , we used "fine line" the parts painting process.
Almost rubbery it could turn a bit. Then squeegeed if need be but that could thin it too if too much pressure was applied.

Your turns to go full circle using straight tape are going to want to wrinkle unless that tape is more like a soft gum.
Easy enough to find out quick.

I'm guessing not knowing the tapes backings characteristics , that it wants to be placed into a square sheet by aligning strips.
Then a circle cut like a die cut.
The fun part being having stones in position not to hit them with lines during layout
A thick temporary die cut to cover the inside edge of the soundhole and one beyond where stones are to end could allow adhesive to be put down and loose stones applied atop. A pain then to level , let alone align if other than a random pattern is desired.

I've ground the teeth off hole saws and then tapered the edge till sharp to cut cloth.
(A couple tin cans should work as a round die cut cookie cutter. )

I’ve got a new person following me. Exactly what does this mean?
Not all that sure what it means actually myself.
Never followed anyone before so I don't know if you get a notification when they post something.

I do know of that saying: "Be a leader not a follower"

Found on my in laws property, property has been in the family 75 +/- years. 4 inches down! 3 3/4 inches wide. Cleaned it a bit. Paperweight?

View attachment 2119592
Looks brass/bronze on the corners
I couldn't find anything with that name.
What's it weigh?
Casting ingot?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back