MorningAnother dusty day today, found some local 1957/59 sacks that I may keep, better condition.
And the spiders... Oh god the spiders..

Just general tidy up and insulating a barn with a few improvementsMorning
So what is the project that you are doing? ( Highlighted to get you'z attention to the query)
1958 the year that I was born
Better keep them sacs-getting to be vintage, me boy, vintage I say.
Dusty-hope you wear a mask-hack-chocking-but not joking here.
You might be young but it's no fun when you get older and the pipes are clogged from decades of dirt breathing.
You still have another 50 yrs at least of digging in the dirt, not breathing the dirt.
Most animals do seem to have an uncanny knack for knowing when there's a camera pointing at them, and run away as fast as possible. Even the domesticated ones.Had a roadrunner circling around the house looking in all the windows yesterday. He was camera shy though, as soon as I picked up my phone he did what they do.
No!! Don’t feel that way. We’re froze out up here and counting on you guys in fair weather to give us a fix! Keep swinging and keep those finds coming.Yeah, I won't be posting pictures from here until you all are out of the freeze, I would feel like a schmuck.
Yeah I was thinking it's a 50cal but couldn't identify the other one, will check this oneWell dug on the Crotal bell.
Probably a 50 cal. Casing with Headstamp of 42 or similar number for the WWII
You're sure it's not lead. Most bullets are lead or have a jacket of copper and such. Probably won't do you any harm as long as you follow the same protocols with lead. Bullet heads don't do anything. It's the black powder and such in the casing that can be problematic and even then meh you'd have to be doing something stupid for issues most times@pepperj are the heads dangerous? As in should I put it in some padding or ?
What I'm assuming is the bullet from one of them, it has this weird bit stuffed into it.
It's not lead and feels like some sort of fibers or whatever, hard to describe its like softish hard..
The end stuffing bit is most certainly not lead, my dad confirmed that too when I asked him to look at it without mentioning anything about what I thoughtYou're sure it's not lead. Most bullets are lead or have a jacket of copper and such. Probably won't do you any harm as long as you follow the same protocols with lead. Bullet heads don't do anything. It's the black powder and such in the casing that can be problematic and even then meh you'd have to be doing something stupid for issues most times