I get excited when I see 242 area codes on my call list. 242 is bahamas, and when I see multiple 242 calls it only means one thing....treasure related news !! The last time I got a flurry of calls like this, my friends had found a gold coin cache larger than the one in Kentucky. So this weekend I'll have a call and see what's happening.....im hoping to collaborate with a permit holding bahamian and finally get involved.....that would be the ultimate dream goal, but just going back and hitting some very specific targets would be fine too.....even on my own dime. I have a shoe string budget, but I've had great success with little out of pocket !!
My bahamian friends have seen me succeed wildly at spots they gave up on. It's hard to believe that I have permission to a spot where Columbus landed....its private, and a very large cooking cauldron was found here......it was given to the lucayn Indians by Columbus, and found on this property. All of the documented pieces from Columbus were found here on these properties......its owned by my sons godfather !! Its on this seasons travel list. It's taken me years to understand some of my spots are really special, and there's a possibility of finding something that changes your life.
All of a sudden the bahamas went from 0-100 mph in the treasure salvage industry....things look strong, and a trend is emerging. A museum, backed with bahamian archeologist and students, a working conservation lab, and reputable and experienced treasure salvors doing the excavation in partnership with expert archeologist. So being an islander, that's been locked out of my current home islands, it's only logical to return to the bahamas ...... where my family had 3 residences in the islands. I am in the long legal battle time frame for my projects here, and will let the heavy weights battle for excavation permits with the beaurocrats of florida....in the mean time I'd love to work the hogstys reef system for any of the multiple rich galleons lying in situ there !! Bahamas is now the land of treasure opportunity!! If my wife were onboard, I would sell out here in the keys for big money, and buy in the bahamas for a fraction of what it cost here. I could retire on the interest made off the banked cash made from selling out down here !!