THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

20240303_083229~2.jpg

Good morning everyone. Enjoy Monday. :coffee2:

Good morning. Monday already.

Lots of chores yesterday, only got an hour of hunting in. The usual crazy iron junk. I did get a nice little buckle though. It even still works. Photo over in my journal.

The best part of the day though was some landscaping I did. I had to move a bunch of dirt and rock. I never realized my place is just littered with ancient artifacts! Here is one os several wheelbarrows I moved full of portable rock art!

IMG_3819.jpeg

(Yes, I'm kidding. Though they are rock, they are portable, and I am making a landscape feature out of them. I doubt it will rise to the level of "art" though.)

Morning. Uneventful weekend of finding rocks and junk. Another day back at work. SIgh...
Congrats!
Spoons always good. A drop could happen , but folks eating often sit down. And sitting can lead to other drops from pockets or just stuff set down and bumped or forgotten.
And an old picnic area , can be worth hunting.

Nice ballpeen hammer. It should clean up nicely.
When things were riveted a ball peen could usually snug up a loose one. Few homes were without a ballpeen. Or two.
You've seen knives and or silverware with pinned scaled handles? Easy does it tightening one up. But the rounded part of a ballpeen gives you a better visual and less odds of breaking the work beyond the fastener you're tapping on.

There's at least one blacksmith that will make a tomahawk out of one. They're usually being good steel. More so older ones .
I debated about that for a Grandfathers I inherited , but think it will just remain a ballpeen.

[His character in contemporary popular culture — in poetry, fiction, and the visual arts, as well as works for the stage, screen, and concert hall — is that of the sad clown, often pining for love of Columbine, who usually breaks his heart and leaves him for Harlequin. Performing unmasked, with a whitened face, he wears a loose white blouse with large buttons and wide white pantaloons. Sometimes he appears with a frilled collaret and a hat, usually with a close-fitting crown and wide round brim and, more rarely, with a conical shape like a dunce's cap.

Pierrot's character developed from being a buffoon to an avatar of the disenfranchised.[1] Many cultural movements found him amenable to their respective causes: Decadents turned him into a disillusioned foe of idealism; Symbolists saw him as a lonely fellow-sufferer; Modernists made him into a silent, alienated observer of the mysteries of the human condition.[2] Much of that mythic quality ("I'm Pierrot," said David Bowie: "I'm Everyman")[3] still adheres to the "sad clown" in the postmodern era.]

[ Sometimes he spoke gibberish] ( 1:35.)

Congrats!
Spoons always good. A drop could happen , but folks eating often sit down. And sitting can lead to other drops from pockets or just stuff set down and bumped or forgotten.
And an old picnic area , can be worth hunting.

Nice ballpeen hammer. It should clean up nicely.
When things were riveted a ball peen could usually snug up a loose one. Few homes were without a ballpeen. Or two.
You've seen knives and or silverware with pinned scaled handles? Easy does it tightening one up. But the rounded part of a ballpeen gives you a better visual and less odds of breaking the work beyond the fastener you're tapping on.

There's at least one blacksmith that will make a tomahawk out of one. They're usually being good steel. More so older ones .
I debated about that for a Grandfathers I inherited , but think it will just remain a ballpeen.
Good point! I do want to get back out into that field and keep looking.

Any idea why a rock would set of the detector? The flat one has a slow beep.... the crazy looking one makes the detector go crazy. Its also VERY heavy compared to the other rock.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Latest Discussions

Back