THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning and happy Wednesday. Apparently my truck had a timing chain jump yesterday so now I have that repair to look forward to. Ugh. As if the weekend wasn’t short enough already.

Good morning and happy Wednesday. Apparently my truck had a timing chain jump yesterday so now I have that repair to look forward to. Ugh. As if the weekend wasn’t short enough already.
Well that sucks big time $$$, sorry to hear that, and not a cheap easy fix.
I don't feel as bad now that my battery was just dead yesterday (left the plow controller on)

Well that sucks big time $$$, sorry to hear that, and not a cheap easy fix.
I don't feel as bad now that my battery was just dead yesterday (left the plow controller on)
Well at least it happened when we were almost home, so I didn't have a towing bill. There's always a bright side, right?

Good morning
I just wanted to thank everyone who hits the like button on my Arrowheads’s post. I have to say I get more likes here than on the artifact section. Don’t know why but thanks
It's the rum over here that just makes every pirate happy, and giving the thumbs up.
(I hear that those in the artifact section are really hard to please):laughing7:
BTW That find would of made my month for sure.

Well at least it happened when we were almost home, so I didn't have a towing bill. There's always a bright side, right?
That's a bonus for sure.
Though are you going to fix it yourself, or get it towed to a garage?
40 yrs ago the timing chain cover could be seen on most motors.
Today :laughing7:

Have to listen for the clicking when you crank it while on idle. I’ve been told if it’s a chain it will last the length of the engine. If it’s a belt it will last 100,000 miles then need to be replaced. Hopefully the replacement is on the cheaper end for you. Everything new is high maintenance now days

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Latest Discussions

Back