It happens so quick, and the 😳 look happens.
I have a nice line scar from the chain across my left thigh.
Cutting and it kicked back, hitting my leg just as the brake engaged.
I looked down saw some red a thought "Ah Crap!" miles up the in the bush.
I took my shirt off and was ready to put a pressure wrap round the leg.
Then with some TLC looking it was just a flesh wound, so there was no need for a tourniquet.
1st aid was taking some paper towel, electrical tape, and wrapped it up.
Counting my lucky stars, while still in a deep the what if thoughts.
I loaded the fire wood, saw, fluids, and that's when I discovered a tree limb had flipped up and lodged into the clutch linkage at the transmission.
That took another 30 minutes to remove and repair.
Still to this day 40 yrs later when I work with the saw that scene plays out and reminds me to be careful.