THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning everyone.
20230420_174411.jpg
☕️

Errr or maybe it was Aerosmith.... hmmm
No... i wasnt sure WHEN i saw the band "Black and Blue"... errr OR "with" who.... i know they were the opening act for one or the other.....
Dont remember them at all... but i remember i saw them... heh

I got lucky today. Stopped at a convenience store to get a vitamin water for my wife and paid cash. I don't recall what the total was, but it wound up with like 85 cents in change. The clerk said "you get the fancy change." I looked and saw that I had a 40% silver half in the change! A small score, but I'll definitely take it. That's one of those "never happens to me" kind of things. 8-)

IMG_3946.jpeg IMG_3947.jpeg

Hit the sale early.
Lamp was a wash. Chipped shade. Missing generator. Air fitting for pump stuck. Valve wheel for gas stuck ect.. didn't spot any pinholes in the bottom of fount. Price said don't bother with an offer yet. And someone pricing it must have looked at E-Bay prices!
But that's o.k.. Gal there before ducking out of the cold said it was old. I suggested 1920's.
She didn't suggest a discount!

Nabbed an old butcher knife , and a skinning knife. Good stout blades and handles not abused like so many over the years that soaked in dishwater and cracked. Or were dropped. Or pounded on. Or burned . Or...
Steel needs cleaning in spots and blended with patina but no biggie.
Made a mess bring groceries in from the snow and melt and grit off roof shingles ...So I didn't bring the knives in yet. Should have done that first! L.o.l..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back