THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scouting to see the "water flow". In the summer it will be mined. Close to a historic mining district and flood gold is a given. Legal to dredge!!

rock creek one.jpg

rock creek two.jpg

rock creek three.jpg

rock creek four.jpg

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
AlgoForce E1500

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They say there's 2 reasons for accidents

Totally being inexperienced.
Being too confident and relaxed with the saw.

Cutting down the 60 trees off the 60' lift last summer, I really got to respect the saw over again.
A few mental/verbal "That was close" woke me up a number of times.

Hollow cored trees do suck taking them down, also trees that were still 25' high than the lift.

I can’t say I’ve ever lost the respect for my saws. They scare the hell out of me. I was tired, I had been working to long and was pushing myself to finish. Fine motor skills really suffer when your tired and limbing can get repetitive and next thing you know. Oh damn. Nearly cut my toe off.

Lessons learned.

Sounds scary man. I don’t cut anything I can’t stand on the ground and cut. My step dad shattered some vertebrae from a short fall while cutting a limb. Trees are dangerous no doubt.

I cut my buddies camper out from under these guys last weekend. A few hours, a 16’ poll saw and a lot of breaks to asses the situation. His was one of the lucky ones. Most the camp ground is a total loss. Thank god it’s off season and no one got hurt.

Attachments

• 6078EFFC-FD8E-4FBB-B0B8-849C6642F5FE.jpeg
    6078EFFC-FD8E-4FBB-B0B8-849C6642F5FE.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
  • 99E1038B-0F83-4D55-B251-191AF0F3964F.jpeg
    99E1038B-0F83-4D55-B251-191AF0F3964F.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 12
  • 9D6C4CB1-B4F3-4007-812B-3A9B11798B2F.jpeg
    9D6C4CB1-B4F3-4007-812B-3A9B11798B2F.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 12

Bamasteve

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2022
Very far north of where I’d rather be
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 400
Garrett carrot
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Pro-find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can’t say I’ve ever lost the respect for my saws. They scare the hell out of me. I was tired, I had been working to long and was pushing myself to finish. Fine motor skills really suffer when your tired and limbing can get repetitive and next thing you know. Oh damn. Nearly cut my toe off.

Lessons learned.

Sounds scary man. I don’t cut anything I can’t stand on the ground and cut. My step dad shattered some vertebrae from a short fall while cutting a limb. Trees are dangerous no doubt.

I cut my buddies camper out from under these guys last weekend. A few hours, a 16’ poll saw and a lot of breaks to asses the situation. His was one of the lucky ones. Most the camp ground is a total loss. Thank god it’s off season and no one got hurt.
Those twisters are scary.
Especially in a camp ground.
I have the 16' pole saw also, handy for lots of jobs.

Your right about being tired and the motor skills suffer.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can imagine Jeremiah Johnson trying to catch trout there and a bear sneaking up on him!
I carry this when prospecting and always have someone with me.
Neat fact.... we have State parks in Cali (20 miles from me) named for a famous Mountain Man, below link/story is a great read!

super black hawk.jpg

Last edited:

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
AlgoForce E1500
I carry this when prospecting and always have someone with me.
Neat fact.... we have State parks in Cali (20 miles from me) named for a famous Mountain Man, below link/story is a great read!

View attachment 2138519
Nice, longer barrel accuracy and punch. We are too la la la govt here to carry anything pistols, handguns. I once had all my guns confiscated when we had a huge law change but ran out of time getting hunting permissions. Why did I run out of time? Because it was all orchestrated to disarm as many people as possible regardless of who they were with zero criminal history even. The police went to all landowners, underhand, and imposed tiny limits on how many permissions they signed. The ones I hunted on for years had already signed the limits by the time I asked them. I had destroyed a Brno 22 mag, 6.5 Carcano, 12 gauge, 410 gauge magnum, and a 22 semi auto Marlin. It gutted me.
Oh and as a result my licence to own anything gun wise was cancelled. I got it back just recently and will eventually get another rifle.

Ill read that thanks, love reading that type of thing cheers for the link 👍

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• ARC