THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

So given Mr Woo’s complete lack of obedience when it comes to sitting on my shoulder… ive had to resort to photo shopping him on !! 😆…(. Work wanted an updated profile pic…so this is what they are getting) 😂😂

704BC0AE-F6C7-48ED-9981-FC5691D0A87A.jpeg

Honestly i give that boy everything his little heart desires… even let him watch pigeon videos on my lap top… nd still nothing 🙄…!!! xx
It's not you.
It's human diet over the centuries ; and self preservation among wild pigeons.
Woo was vulnerable and ended up captive. It worked out , but the bird didn't get to the vulnerable point; without first avoiding being vulnerable. (!)
It's not standoffish. It's stand-off ; and be less vulnerable.

Your starling friend though...Well it's not a pigeon.

Well it's not June yet but I thought I'd try to get a rise out of the old Captain.

Screen Shot 2024-05-23 at 4.02.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-05-23 at 4.04.16 PM.png

Yesterday was one of those southern days for us up here. Now we just don't do well with the sudden swing of temps and that southern humidity
Today everyone feels bagged out.
So that got me thinking about the summer of 2024 and what the predictions.
Hope they're totally wrong.
Screen Shot 2024-05-23 at 4.11.47 PM.png

Well I have decided to go Saturday to a spot that I usually go to once a year.
Pickings are getting slimmer here now as the church has provide many good recoveries.
Good amount of ticks usually and the mosquito population is audible in the headphones.
Got a new bug suit top for Xmas and it's working great.
The place is well treed so there's plenty of shade.
Never have found a coin right around the foundation, as they threw a lot of the roofing tin down, and now it lays a few inches below the ground cover with tree roots.
Hoping the new settings on the machine I can squeak out another keeper or 2.
Here are a few of the past hunts first being 2015
Screen Shot 2024-05-23 at 4.46.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-05-23 at 4.46.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-05-23 at 4.48.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-05-23 at 4.48.53 PM.png
20230704_190826.jpg
20200704_160243.jpg

Afternoon all xx friday is here!! Kit on charge ✅.. new field confirmed ✅.. very excited ✅…. 😆 xx himself always wants to go over fields weve done before whereas im always up for trying a new area!! At least you will get some different views as its on the other side of the valley we have been detecting recently!! Now just need the weather to co operate 😆 xx 🤞🏻

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back