Hmmmmmmm..... I have never seen any in the US, might be cool to get one.
The term 'performance car' suggests a pretty broad church these days. On one hand, you have within that description, classic sports cars which exist for their athleticism and race-track smarts, as well as Grand Tourers which tend to feature plenty of pace as well as long legs for covering big...
www.carsguide.com.au
Australia's love affair with muscle cars runs deep. For decades, powerful, V8-driven machines have rolled off Australian production lines and straight into the heart of car enthusiasts nationwide.
performancegarage.com.au
How ridiculous is this. Not you Viking but today but we seem to be in sync lately.
Before today. I had a friend Joey who was in a band in the 70s. He had a Torana GTX U1. Small car but power to rate ratio was nuts. It'd chuck you back in the seat mad. Joey was a drummer. Great guy.
Another I knew owned a GT Ford Shaker. They were legendary. Not the biggest block but we knew how to screw every bit if power out of engines. Forget cubes, was final on the asphalt stuff.
Another I was friends with, I nearly brought it of him, was a Chrysler Valiant RT Charger, 6 cylinder. In its day was the fastest 2 door production car anywhere. They were crazy.
Here is one right under the radar. The Aussie Chrysler Centura. Made in cahoots with France. They were insane with the 265 engine. Unfortunately Chrysler had lost following then and was considered a fail. They were not. They hammered, I drove one that just had a little work and they left others for dead.
We here didn't rely on cubes, but what we could make them do.
And they did.
The Shaker in its day as a buy from dealer production car ruled the roost.
GT HO Shaker Super Roo.
This is also coincidental.
Today my wife and I went to finish the sign up for our new home.
Great day. Rental lady was old school accepting us who we were not what money we had.
Then introduced us the the owners. Unbelievable. Lovely humble old people who are, lets say very very well off. They were golden.
The husband invited us back to their home.
Beautiful. But, he is a classic car collector. He showed me through it all. Insane.
He had original built Aussie cars that had been in time capsules is the best I can describe. 70 yr old cars original upholstery that looked new. American cruisers from the 50s and 60s that looked like they came off of showroom floors. I didn't dare ask to take pictures as I am not stupid enough to think anyone with those would want it done. I felt privileged he showed me.
We were there for a while. It was awesome. The thing that blew us away was what they said. We welcome you to the home, its your home now. Make yourselves welcome.
Wow, we didn't expect that. Blew us away.