THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Good night Beeps, hope you fastened your hammock seat belt cause I do not know if we have a pilot ?

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Good guess Sanman, but no. Manitoba is having the same kind of Temps as us though ? Must be a global warming thing :icon_scratch:

Hope you get the family straightened out Beeps. Maybe list them on E-Bay with RR's bottles :tongue3:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good night everyone. Gotta get up in a few.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Good night Bart and have a monumental journey :notworthy:

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
9 degrees Fahrenheit here.
Broke a snow shovel today. That's kind of like an omen of six more weeks of winter. Or ...Seven years of bad luck , or something.

Might be the dam to dam ice fishing tournament this weekend , but I have not participated in a long time.

Another winter event , the lakefront restaurant that hosted it burned.
They had chicken bowling. With a frozen chicken as the ball...
And a fishing contest.
And polar plunge.
I fished it one year. Did not participate in the plunge. Watched though.

Probably just going to stay home. And shovel more snow.
Pick up dog poop.
Shovel more snow.
Pick up dog poop.
Shovel more snow.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Picking up dog poop in this temperature sure makes it easy. No mess, no sticking to shovel .

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Ha ha RC, I forgot about the snowblower launches.
Simon loved the snow, but was always having it ice up under his paws so bad he would just stop and lift whichever paw was frozen until I cleaned it off. He was a great, loyal friend. I bought a snowblower and started cleaning about a 50' x 200' area so he could run and play and have fun. ( He was strictly an indoors dog because we got people early on trying to steal him ).

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Boat show South of here on the 19th(?).
Been skipping those too for a while.
Hard to pass up seeing "Twiggy" the water-skiing squirrel , but I don't mind dodging the city and crowd.
Taking the wheelchair means not being able to see far in a crowd , but worse you're the second person to know if someone cuts the cheese/farts.
Fun looking at outrageously priced boats though.
I encourage guys to drink beer first ,or a can of testosterone before looking.
A friend bought one one year....Keep telling us co-workers he had a pre-nup to fish whenever he wanted.
I can remember seeing the boat years later before he sold it ,after his divorce...
But , it was a boat.

The last boat left here has a big piece of ice in it/on the tarp over it that needs removed. Again. Par for the course.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ha ha RC, I forgot about the snowblower launches.
Simon loved the snow, but was always having it ice up under his paws so bad he would just stop and lift whichever paw was frozen until I cleaned it off. He was a great, loyal friend. I bought a snowblower and started cleaning about a 50' x 200' area so he could run and play and have fun. ( He was strictly an indoors dog because we got people early on trying to steal him ).

When I had a blower I'd cut trails in the backyard for the dogs.
I closed the gates to the lower kennel and the area fenced beyond this year.
That leaves just the dek above.

I'll let one or two ,sometimes three of the 11 out front onto the ramp and drive in good weather.
Aluminum is cold though so it's been awhile.
When the coast is clear (no coyotes howling the night before) one little guy likes to sneak out with me.
He'll tear it up and cover a lot of ground in a hurry.
Then want on my lap to warm his feet.

One summer night I was on the drive concrete with my eyes adjusting to the dark.
When I spotted him (he is a camo color kinda) a large cat was about three feet away from him stalking his butt...
I hissed and he jumped , the cat booked , and he rejoined me.
Don't know if he saw the cat or not.

A couple weeks ago I started the truck and the engine(?0 was thumping.
I listened a little then shut it off thinking maybe a belt broke.
Opened the hood and the neighbors cat jumped out and ran home.

I told the neighbor when she came home (She had arrived just before my return) and she said she had seen the cat. (Cat greets her arrival usually.)
I suggested she look it over good...No reported injury. Well , maybe mentally.
Maybe it will quit poopin under my ramp as much with her keeping it in the house more.
But , then there's the other neighbors cat(s).

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I loved the boat shows, was always the sign warm weather was coming. I agree, the prices were horrible.

I remember when I was younger and in the boat phase, I spent like 6 months looking. Finally found what I wanted, but it was in Salt Lake City, which was over 1,000 miles away and I had not yet found a tow vehicle yet, ( yeah I know, before you buy a boat you need to have something to tow it with :BangHead: ). Next thing I know my dad shows up with a brand new Dodge dually with a Cummins diesel. He said he bought it so we could go get the boat. I felt so guilty. I believe my dad just used that for an excuse to buy a new truck.

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Cats crawling under my hood in the winter is one of my worst nightmares. Seems like such a sad way to go. Of course nowadays with electric fans the cats stand a chance on getting out alive, not like when we had the old style radiator and fan blade.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning Simon.

How do you know I am here before I even know I am here ?

Special Rum ?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Night Simon, Good morning Tnet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread