What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I know. Goes straight from wet and cold to miserable hot. Whoever is in charge of the weather machine really hates farmers (and gardeners).
Our weather is great! Doesn't freeze (once in a while) does rain 80 inches a year on average, and summers are sweet!! If the fog comes in we head up river ( one of the 7 within 75 miles) and fog is gone!!!

I know... up yours Viking!!! :laughing7:
 
I know... up yours Viking!!! :laughing7:
Nah, I don’t think that at all. Everyplace has its pluses and minuses. Most of the time the climate here is fine. We have all four seasons (usually), and little worry of earthquakes, hurricanes, or even wildfires. Nevermind the tornadoes. It’s all a trade off, no matter where you live.
 
Ok what's up with this heat and humidity BS.
Ya I'm not used to these FL weather days.
91F feeling like 111F
Will have to do some electrolytes.

Screenshot_20250620_213340_Weather Network.webp
Screenshot_20250620_213352_Weather Network.webp
 
Good morning all.

We hadn't seen much of the older doe deer lately, and we knew at least a couple of them were quite pregnant. The other day we saw one of them out in the trees with a couple of fawns, and yesterday, Notch, the friendliest of the bunch, came and brought her new baby to meet us. She has been visiting us for three or four years, but has alway kept her fawns back a bit. This is the first year she has brought a fawn up close. Both she and the fawn were within six feet of me while I scattered some corn for her.

IMG_6215.webp

IMG_2982.webp
 
:coffee2: :sunny: 🇺🇲 Good morning, Almost 2 weeks now without rain. Parts of Florida are getting regular showers but not here. Dry as a popcorn fart! Hopefully the pattern will change. I've been watering plants daily now because it's in the 90's and brutally hot. Plumaria blooms floating on my pond.
20250620_081400.webp
 
:coffee2: :sunny: 🇺🇲 Good morning, Almost 2 weeks now without rain. Parts of Florida are getting regular showers but not here. Dry as a popcorn fart! Hopefully the pattern will change. I've been watering plants daily now because it's in the 90's and brutally hot. Plumaria blooms floating on my pond. View attachment 2213571
I sure hope the weather is better in September
 
I finally got to start picking the Haskaps in the afternoon. 4 hrs = 12 qrts.
So love picked 15.5 quarts off 3.5 plants.
58 plants.=?
I'm on my way of filling @oldmxrat red cup up.
20250620_223708.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom