What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

:coffee2: 🇺🇲 Good morning folks. Grabbed a coffee and took a walk this morning.
Screenshot_20250620-064432_Photos.webp
Screenshot_20250620-064405_Photos.webp
Screenshot_20250620-064605_Photos.webp
 
Do you find them hard to grow? Any tips? I've planted six of them (called Honeyberries here) in the berry patch at various times and only three remain. Two of the others didn't like the winter, and one didn't like the summer. The three that remain are not very happy and have yet to produce a single berry. (For what it's worth, I have similar luck with blueberries, though I know they grow OK elsewhere in this region.)
Haskaps I found were pretty bullet proof for survival. Out of 60 plants I only lost 2 in the first season.
They were bare root variety good to zone 2.
These are Boral and the other variety is Blizzard.
Besides the root grow, black earth, peat moss when planting I haven't done anything except water.
The plants were 2 yrs old, and didn't really produce for the 3 yrs.
We got a quart total in 2023 (birds)
last year 26 quarts.
Screenshot_20250620_070022_Google.webp
Screenshot_20250620_065850_Gallery.webp



Blueberries I planted 125-3 yr plants.
Lost 100 plants (so far)
Planted in June 2021
A pint of berries last year.
Maybe I can get enough to make a pie this year.
Blueberries love acidic soils 4-5 PH.
Our friend said last night to dump all the coffee grounds around the plants.

Seems like acid rain might be beneficial for blueberries 🤣
The first year after planting it was suggested to nip all the blossoms off the blueberry plants to give it more root strength.
They said it takes 10 years before total maturity.


Screenshot_20250620_072451_Google.webp
 
Good Morning Everyone. I hope you all find treasures today :)P
 
I'm sure you know what a red cup is.
Pick your own filled with Haskaps $10
Already picked $15
These berries are demanding a hefty $$$
This is my red cup. I can fit a lot of them in there!
IMG_6440.webp
IMG_9277 2.webp
 
I'm sure you know what a red cup is.
Pick your own filled with Haskaps $10
Already picked $15
These berries are demanding a hefty $$$

inconsivable.gif
 
I'm sure you know what a red cup is.
Pick your own filled with Haskaps $10
Already picked $15
These berries are demanding a hefty $$$
incon long.gif
 
I am now involved in the Real Estate game. Dumbass realtors.... clueless buyers.... How do some of these people wipe there asses without falling off the toilet ? That's one of the reasons I got my contractors license, to avoid "stupidness" When meeting clients asking for a bid if they were going to be a problem... nope!!!
 
Starting Saturday it’s going to be in the 90s for the whole week ☹️
I know. Goes straight from wet and cold to miserable hot. Whoever is in charge of the weather machine really hates farmers (and gardeners).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom