What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

What are the odds it's in on or near a mechanism of the tractor waiting for the perfect opportunity to get involved?
Oh you know it. That’s what they do.
 
Dumb question:

On the Today's Finds Forum, there's some sort of counter at the bottom of the original poster's entry. It's labeled "Upvoted".

Anyone know what that's for,I haven't seen one move. 🤔 :icon_scratch:
The Upvoted icon is a counter if every like, winner, banner icon vote.
It registers these and generally if it surpasses 60 then it could be eligible for a banner.
There are other requirements that are required for the Banner.
Members have to be plus 6 months on the forum.
Back story of hunt, recovery.
Pictures-quality, insitu helps.
Today's find.
Detector used helps.
Weather
Soil
Bugs
You get the picture...
I've seen lots if Banner worthy recoveries that are missing content.
But the upvoted covers the banner count.

So when Members say "I'm Voting Banner "
By hitting the 👍 icon they've already accomplished thar.
But saying it is another conformation.

I hope this has muddied the waters a bit more.🤣
 
I seem to have a new pet.
Need a name for it.
Living right below the HV switch in my bathroom.
Just sits there for a week now.
Splits?
Resized_temp_share_397648926260963.webp

I didn't know the legs split like that.
 
Dumb question:

On the Today's Finds Forum, there's some sort of counter at the bottom of the original poster's entry. It's labeled "Upvoted".

Anyone know what that's for,I haven't seen one move. 🤔 :icon_scratch:
I think that it registered a count for every like, winner, helpful, banner, etc. until the site 'improvement', now it does nothing.
When I asked @Treasure_Hunter about it, he said it was working fine. :dontknow:
 
Here's where I been putting off mowing.
Lots of plantain growing. Four squirrels just went through. This year's young involved I suspect.
A rabbit inspects plants now and then. I looked for tracks from deer when bird bath was empty but didn't notice any.

20250626_105131.webp
20250626_105135.webp
 
Mornin all.

I'd post more pictures of the yard but don't want to inspire too much jealousy. L.o.l..

After all the years of cotter pins... Yesterday was a new event.
Bending the longer side of one at re install time on a cart in the polebarn and the pliers slipped off. Pin launched out of the hole so fast towards the tractor it was a blur.
Never did find it. Yet.
What are the odds it's in on or near a mechanism of the tractor waiting for the perfect opportunity to get involved?
It's akin to these coins we dig up. You see.....they are "lost" intentionally! And....they do *NOT* want to be found! That's why every chance they get, they make a break for it! How many times have you seen a freshly dug coin jump out of your hand and go thru all sorts of gyrations just return to the bottom of the hole again!!?
I mean I've watched with my own eyes, when a coin jumped, rolled along a parking lot for a full 2 minutes and then land right near where it was just dug!!!
I call these coins "professional hiders".

But, it's not just limited to coins!

Be very careful when putting a find, (or a cotter pin), where you want them!! 😉
 
The Upvoted icon is a counter if every like, winner, banner icon vote.
It registers these and generally if it surpasses 60 then it could be eligible for a banner.
There are other requirements that are required for the Banner.
Members have to be plus 6 months on the forum.
Back story of hunt, recovery.
Pictures-quality, insitu helps.
Today's find.
Detector used helps.
Weather
Soil
Bugs
You get the picture...
I've seen lots if Banner worthy recoveries that are missing content.
But the upvoted covers the banner count.

So when Members say "I'm Voting Banner "
By hitting the 👍 icon they've already accomplished thar.
But saying it is another conformation.

I hope this has muddied the waters a bit more.🤣
But, I haven't seen an upvote on any fairly recent posts. Lots of likes on them but not an "upvote,". :icon_scratch:
 
It's akin to these coins we dig up. You see.....they are "lost" intentionally! And....they do *NOT* want to be found! That's why every chance they get, they make a break for it! How many times have you seen a freshly dug coin jump out of your hand and go thru all sorts of gyrations just return to the bottom of the hole again!!?
I mean I've watched with my own eyes, when a coin jumped, rolled along a parking lot for a full 2 minutes and then land right near where it was just dug!!!
I call these coins "professional hiders".

But, it's not just limited to coins!

Be very careful when putting a find, (or a cotter pin), where you want them!! 😉


I have a Lesche that has been corrupted and likes to hide.
 
Just got done cleaning the coils on my AC and putting in a new filter so I will see how that works out. The new AC units coils are very thin and skinny and they will get blocked easily. You can’t spray them directly with the water hose or they will bend over and block the air flow. The old ones 10 years plus were very sturdy.
 
It’s thirsty Thursday, but I think @robertk thinks it’s Wednesday still lol
Well, the hump on my week is taller than usual this week, so I need the extra day.

I'm definitely thirsty though. Very hot and humid outside.

873026609acf2c9371f20b8f8b7e9f91.gif
 
The Upvoted icon is a counter if every like, winner, banner icon vote.
It registers these and generally if it surpasses 60 then it could be eligible for a banner.
There are other requirements that are required for the Banner.
Members have to be plus 6 months on the forum.
Back story of hunt, recovery.
Pictures-quality, insitu helps.
Today's find.
Detector used helps.
Weather
Soil
Bugs
You get the picture...
I've seen lots if Banner worthy recoveries that are missing content.
But the upvoted covers the banner count.

So when Members say "I'm Voting Banner "
By hitting the 👍 icon they've already accomplished thar.
But saying it is another conformation.

I hope this has muddied the waters a bit more.🤣
The "Upvote" is apparently not connected to the "Likes", I just checked the "Rare gold cufflinks....." topic and there's 22 "Likes" 1 is mine, 5 of which are "Banner" likes, the "Upvote" was at zero a big 0....until I clicked on it at the top, now it's at 1, so others will need to "Upvote"/click on it even if you have already "Liked" it if it needs to get to 60 to make Banner.

 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top Bottom