What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

So I have to ask
If you were off and you’re other half worked and came home but was quiet.
Would you
(A) ask them what’s wrong?
(B) just ignore them and stay quiet to?
After a few responses I will answer which I chose.
Hmm, probably something that you did!
 
Gee honestly honest answers throw folks for a loop.
I met a guy watering his cows along the road one day.
Conversation gradually turned to our small field of hay.
He was gushing over the possibility of taking the hay.
He gave me his number.

I asked 5 different farmers, and folks regarding him.
🤣Good luck getting paid
Switches cows after viewing
Screwed me and did that to him
Good luck getting paid.

He just drove into my yard.
WHY DIDN'T YOU GET BACK TO ME?

Well I asked around and you don't have a good reputation.
WHO SAID THAT!
I'm not going to be throwing anyone under the bus.
I Have this and that and everyone gets paid or I wouldn't have those fields.

Good so you have enough hay.

The phone rang it's the Mrs.

Love ❤️ it.
Tell it as I see it, fark em if they can't take a joke. (Or the truth)

The world has turned into this pussy footing around. Scared to offend BS.

Too bad, so sad.

Gee that kind of made my day.🤣
 
Afternoon everyone! 94F today and cloudy. |Temp. is supposed to drop all the way down to 89F tomorrow! :laughing7:
Cooler air moving in now for us tonight.
Screenshot_20250730_201620_Weather Network.webp
 
Gee honestly honest answers throw folks for a loop.
I met a guy watering his cows along the road one day.
Conversation gradually turned to our small field of hay.
He was gushing over the possibility of taking the hay.
He gave me his number.

I asked 5 different farmers, and folks regarding him.
🤣Good luck getting paid
Switches cows after viewing
Screwed me and did that to him
Good luck getting paid.

He just drove into my yard.
WHY DIDN'T YOU GET BACK TO ME?

Well I asked around and you don't have a good reputation.
WHO SAID THAT!
I'm not going to be throwing anyone under the bus.
I Have this and that and everyone gets paid or I wouldn't have those fields.

Good so you have enough hay.

The phone rang it's the Mrs.

Love ❤️ it.
Tell it as I see it, fark em if they can't take a joke. (Or the truth)

The world has turned into this pushy footing around. Scared to offend BS.

Too bad, so sad.

Gee that kind of made my day.🤣

Well ya see , that's not the biggest field but the quality is incredible .
Bids are being accepted for next years cuts but I'll tell ya right now we're talking premium.
Figure triple what you're getting just for starters and more than that to be serious before it's near mid winter.

Top contenders the first of the year will be required to provide a deposit equal to half the estimated amount of first cut. Three quarters for second cut and a third for third cut. To be refunded to all but winning bidder prior to March 15th.
No deposit no further bid inclusion. At deposit time a formal agreement will be signed and later become effective IF you later have the final winning bid.
For what? To hold your position.
It will become a security deposit against damage to this top quality field. An oil leak single drop or more or tire slip. ANY damage. And ensure your timely payment once bales are ready BEFORE one leaves the field. Bales left more than two days will become my property. (Per previous signed agreement at deposit time,)

Did you want to offer a bid today? I should have formal applications next week but I could pencil something today if you have cash on you.
 
Gee honestly honest answers throw folks for a loop.
I met a guy watering his cows along the road one day.
Conversation gradually turned to our small field of hay.
He was gushing over the possibility of taking the hay.
He gave me his number.

I asked 5 different farmers, and folks regarding him.
🤣Good luck getting paid
Switches cows after viewing
Screwed me and did that to him
Good luck getting paid.

He just drove into my yard.
WHY DIDN'T YOU GET BACK TO ME?

Well I asked around and you don't have a good reputation.
WHO SAID THAT!
I'm not going to be throwing anyone under the bus.
I Have this and that and everyone gets paid or I wouldn't have those fields.

Good so you have enough hay.

The phone rang it's the Mrs.

Love ❤️ it.
Tell it as I see it, fark em if they can't take a joke. (Or the truth)

The world has turned into this pussy footing around. Scared to offend BS.

Too bad, so sad.

Gee that kind of made my day.🤣
People in general now a days are very soft, their “feelings” rule their actions more than common sense. I’ve told those that I’m in constant contact with “ if you don’t want the answer don’t ask the question”.
Needless to say I don’t have many “friends”
 
Well ya see , that's not the biggest field but the quality is incredible .
Bids are being accepted for next years cuts but I'll tell ya right now we're talking premium.
Figure triple what you're getting just for starters and more than that to be serious before it's near mid winter.

Top contenders the first of the year will be required to provide a deposit equal to half the estimated amount of first cut. Three quarters for second cut and a third for third cut. To be refunded to all but winning bidder prior to March 15th.
No deposit no further bid inclusion. At deposit time a formal agreement will be signed and later become effective IF you later have the final winning bid.
For what? To hold your position.
It will become a security deposit against damage to this top quality field. An oil leak single drop or more or tire slip. ANY damage. And ensure your timely payment once bales are ready BEFORE one leaves the field. Bales left more than two days will become my property. (Per previous signed agreement at deposit time,)

Did you want to offer a bid today? I should have formal applications next week but I could pencil something today if you have cash on you.
I'm too easy, give me a farm #.
$10 a round
The horse farm up the road was paying $40-100 for my hay.
She was delighted on getting my deal.
Screwed me for 1 round the 1st yr.
2 the 2nd
3 while I was in the hospital
Keep your $30 we're done.

Horse and sailboats have one thing in common.
The people that own them are notoriously cheap, or they fall behind in paying.

Maybe the term "hay burners" came to fruition because it was better to just burn the hay off instead of dealing with them.

Hope I didn't offend a hay burner lover.😁
 
I'm too easy, give me a farm #.
$10 a round
The horse farm up the road was paying $40-100 for my hay.
She was delighted on getting my deal.
Screwed me for 1 round the 1st yr.
2 the 2nd
3 while I was in the hospital
Keep your $30 we're done.

Horse and sailboats have one thing in common.
The people that own them are notoriously cheap, or they fall behind in paying.

Maybe the term "hay burners" came to fruition because it was better to just burn the hay off instead of dealing with them.

Hope I didn't offend a hay burner lover.😁
Oh geez it 🌶 you'z gone stuck that hoof in your mouth again.:headbang:
 
I'm too easy, give me a farm #.
$10 a round
The horse farm up the road was paying $40-100 for my hay.
She was delighted on getting my deal.
Screwed me for 1 round the 1st yr.
2 the 2nd
3 while I was in the hospital
Keep your $30 we're done.

Horse and sailboats have one thing in common.
The people that own them are notoriously cheap, or they fall behind in paying.

Maybe the term "hay burners" came to fruition because it was better to just burn the hay off instead of dealing with them.

Hope I didn't offend a hay burner lover.😁
Had to part ways with a horse I'd cared for a long time.
She's keep a board loose on the barn wall to move and watch for me through. Yes I tried to resecure it before understanding that isn't why she loosened it. And that there would be a board she move to put her head out the back wall of her stall like a window.
A poor man I cut posts along with my firewood and kept expanding the pastures. Even cutting "hay" by hand if there wasn't a prime pasture ready for rotation.

Keeping hooves cleaned. Hide curried and brushed. Grain.
I'd ride bare back now and then but no big desire. Just cared for her. Had another of someone else's for a while. Yep. Someone took care of her too.

Caught an ad by chance and really by chance because they just didn't have to advertise usually of hay from a field people still bid on today if I understood two auction notices I've seen recently.
This being around 1980. time to start on first cut. Last years hay the guy was selling.
More so it was second cut. Primo stuff. Oh boy was it top shelf. The owner stated it was the best field around. It might have been.
Being poor meant the small amount didn't attract much interest. But my truck couldn't have held another bale.
A round barn on that property. Where I pulled from.
Great barn. Great concept too.
Man that was some great hay. Horse didn't do handsprings but it was like offering a kid candy.
Got divorced and not my horse. Felt bad knowing she'd be head through the wall when expecting me to come back particular times of day or evening to water or feed or groom or work fence or just hang out.
Left my cowboy hat.
No more horses since.
I was officially out of the "business".
 
Gee honestly honest answers throw folks for a loop.
I met a guy watering his cows along the road one day.
Conversation gradually turned to our small field of hay.
He was gushing over the possibility of taking the hay.
He gave me his number.

I asked 5 different farmers, and folks regarding him.
🤣Good luck getting paid
Switches cows after viewing
Screwed me and did that to him
Good luck getting paid.

He just drove into my yard.
WHY DIDN'T YOU GET BACK TO ME?

Well I asked around and you don't have a good reputation.
WHO SAID THAT!
I'm not going to be throwing anyone under the bus.
I Have this and that and everyone gets paid or I wouldn't have those fields.

Good so you have enough hay.

The phone rang it's the Mrs.

Love ❤️ it.
Tell it as I see it, fark em if they can't take a joke. (Or the truth)

The world has turned into this pussy footing around. Scared to offend BS.

Too bad, so sad.

Gee that kind of made my day.🤣
Watering his cows ? How fast to they grow ? :laughing7:

Pussy foot around ? Nah.... if its deserved I stick my middle finger and say loudly.....

yea-well-screw-you ron white gif.gif
 
Good morning everyone.

I wandered through the weeds where the garden is supposed to be yesterday, and found that one of the vines had come back from the dead and has a squash on it. So out of everything I planted, it looks like I may get a few potatoes, a couple of jalapeño peppers, and a couple of squash. (I guess it's better than nothing, but it would have been a whole lot less work and probably cheaper to just go buy a squash and a bag of potatoes.)

IMG_3608.webp
 
Good morning everyone.

I wandered through the weeds where the garden is supposed to be yesterday, and found that one of the vines had come back from the dead and has a squash on it. So out of everything I planted, it looks like I may get a few potatoes, a couple of jalapeño peppers, and a couple of squash. (I guess it's better than nothing, but it would have been a whole lot less work and probably cheaper to just go buy a squash and a bag of potatoes.)

View attachment 2219195
But you grew it, and that's what it's all about.
Salt/pepper/butter yummy 😋 😍
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom