What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning!☕️ We’re back in the 90s for 3 days.
Not looking forward to this next heat wave really. 90 feeling like a 100 type weather.
I put 600 gallons of water on the garden yesterday. Just keeping it alive barely.
 
Drought has taken some if the yield this year.
53 5×4 bales. Usually we get 65.
View attachment 2220143
Now the field will burn brown. Which ok as I'll use the time to fill the ruts, push the encouragement of weeds and trees back around the border.
One of my properties does the hay in His fields. He sells them for $50-$75 each. He gets about 60k a year just on hay
 
I’m jealous. I’ve got a few years then I will be right there with you
I’ve been retired for a while and I’m really enjoying it. Looking back at when I worked 40 hrs and often 48 hrs a week, I wonder how I had time to do anything? Two days off is hardly enough to get caught up and have some time to rest. My dentist and his employees work Mon-Thu, 10 hrs a day, then have every Fri-Sun off. I think that would be a much better arrangement.
 
I’ve been retired for a while and I’m really enjoying it. Looking back at when I worked 40 hrs and often 48 hrs a week, I wonder how I had time to do anything? Two days off is hardly enough to get caught up and have some time to rest. My dentist and his employees work Mon-Thu, 10 hrs a day, then have every Fri-Sun off. I think that would be a much better arrangement.
I’ve worked many 15 hour days in my life. I can’t do it anymore and actually enjoy sleeping at night now.
 
One of my properties does the hay in His fields. He sells them for $50-$75 each. He gets about 60k a year just on hay
I had it cut/raked/baled then sold the hay.
PITA!
Small profit increase.
But dealing with all the 🐎 owners isn't worth the $$$ extra for the eccentric weirdness.

Beef/cow owners are so normal in comparison :dontknow:
 
Good morning everyone. Today is peak of the heat wave, just got to make through today.

Mornin Evan!

1754591255338.webp
 
I had it cut/raked/baled then sold the hay.
PITA!
Small profit increase.
But dealing with all the 🐎 owners isn't worth the $$$ extra for the eccentric weirdness.

Beef/cow owners are so normal in comparison :dontknow:
Many years ago, a friend and I used to put up square bales and I don't miss it all. Gave it up and started buying it all. I still feel sorry for the farmers that used to sell to me. They were doing the heavy work and because I was using the hay for horses, I was very picky. I know if I were selling hay, I would hate to have had me for a customer.
 
One of the all time great movies in my opinion.
It is, and the Hollywood knights is next ! Animal house pranks... and the cars !!

 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom